My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Now We're Getting Down To The Nitty Gritty...

Tomorrow they will quiz me over Mum's finances and savings...this can apparently be done over the phone...I hope that I have all the answers that they require...I told the Social Worker the other day...

When possible I am withdrawing money to pay for the extra heating costs(Mum's cold)so the heating is on virtually 24/7.

I will consider(If I am allowed)putting towards things I really wish I do not have to but also that washing machine and a vacuum cleaner.

Extra bedding and cleaning costs etc...and who knows what else I have yet to factor into the equation and we don't know whether we have long or it will all happen very quickly. She is so thin.

I hope that I can feed Mum with the best of food whilst she is able to eat.

She's just had Lentil and Bacon Soup and Mum has said that she would like to try a jacket potato with grated cheese and some small Brussels sprouts(She managed half of that)

But we still have a Complan to have later and possibly some Baked Beans...Just want to get something on her tummy.

Finally, No matter what the nurse/nurses do and the care offered supposedly to make my life easier to give me quality time with Mum...I am the primary carer and I do it because I love my mum.

And today even if Mum had the full care of the carer(Blanket bath, creamed all over to make her skin soft and cleaned to make her bottom less sore)

Twice today I had to clean Mum up and wash her, wash some bedclothes. So some of the work the carer has done has been redone by me. That's no one's fault just the way it is.

And very soon I will be keeping Mum company again for most of the night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you trying to say it would have been better not having carers at all for your Mum , so the authorities wouldn't know how much money you had ? !

I don't know where you wash the soiled bed linen,underwear, towels etc, but if you're hand washing them in the bath, that's really not very hygienic, and your Mum especially could be prone to picking up infections when she uses the bath, and you could both get stomach upsets.
The authorities are not snooping for the sake of it, they're just trying to make sure your Mum is looked after in a clean enviroment .

Please try not to fight them, or think of reasons why you don't really need help,it'll put you into a very resentful frame of mind, which will make you even more depressed

6 October 2011 at 14:17  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

No, I'm not saying that at all.

And I am ready for more care to be needed if Mum manages to last a decent amount of time.

And I haven't fought anyone.

I've been out buying more bed linen too. And some bits and pieces that are required by the carer to give Mum Blanket baths and we've some things sent by the Dr to try and keep Mum from being sore.

6 October 2011 at 19:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home