My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, October 03, 2011

The District Nurse Has Called...

and has decided that though I will still be the main carer, I should have professionals coming in to keep Mum extra clean.

They will assess what Mum needs and it would seem that they will make up Mum's bed, wash and keep her clean and dress her.

Mum isn't well off but they may look at her savings and Mum will have to use her savings. If that is the case so be it, I want Mum to have whatever care makes her comfortable for whatever time she has remaining. Until, we have that meeting at the hospital in 12 days where they say what happens next...good or bad and/or what our Dr is told.

If they say Mum isn't here for much longer the amount of her savings used will be less or more. I have been advised if she is here for some time to consider making life comfortable for by buying items to make life easier and more comfortable like a washing machine, a new suite for the lounge, carpets and so on. If it can be seen to be for Mum's benefit. But again if Mum's time is limited. We may not get around to spending it on such things.

We may be told that we should be claiming some other financial help too. Its all so up in the air.

Update:Perhaps Mum will be forced to have care...she has just told me, she's not sure if she can put up with being washed and clothed by others and says she can wash herself. Maybe she just needs a bit of convincing and reassurance. She may be able to manage now but as time moves on we will have to accept more care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home