My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

There May Be Trouble Ahead...

But for now having seen my own Dr I am quite positive in my mind at least. I am, to use both my own Dr and Consultant's phrase "In Limbo!" As my Dr said they haven't a crystal ball as to what the future holds. And there is a bit of the "Touching of Wood!" which my Dr did yesterday.

Yes, my results have/are going in the wrong direction but looking at them overall they are staying around the same figures, rising slightly and dropping slightly. It appears that creatinine readings and gromular function figures should be lower and higher respectfully. So extra blood tests would not necessarily show the trend as one day could be better than another and vice versa. We can only go by the overall trend.

I have been told that I would always be offered treatment and that I should continue to do as I always have and enjoy my diet unless I am told otherwise. I do that anyhow, to denie myself life's pleasures whilst I am able is silly unless I have to. Then you have done without for longer than you needed to have done.

And though drastic there would appear to be a few little tricks up the sleeves of the medical profession should they be required.

Now after what I have said that maybe doesn't sound too good but it was quite an upbeat appointment with my Dr yesterday contrary to what I have written here.

So hopefully for now, we'll leave this part of my blog aside and talk of other matters...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Northstar said...

Hang in there, Gildy!

23 May 2009 at 16:15  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Will do...and thanks...I sometimes have thought when you write things down it can look quite bad. And in normal day to day life you often just get on with things.

23 May 2009 at 19:51  
Blogger Span Ows said...

A few tricks up their sleeves? If they introduce you to a surgeon friend of their's get ready to run!

I must confess, I do prefer your food posts!

23 May 2009 at 21:01  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Me too...

We'll see if that can be re-instated alongside other views and opinions on things that pop into my head...

And I must try and get around to leaving comments on the blogs that I look at too...You know who I mean ;-)

23 May 2009 at 21:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home