My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Sew, Sew...

It may seem lazy or amazing but I have never ever had any reason to sew clothes.

Maybe I'm lucky that buttons rarely if ever seem to come off or that I cannot remember a time where clothes have been torn or ripped.

But recently, two shirts did become damaged. One was torn where a button was and the hole would be become larger and the button would not be attached and the material would be missing if I wanted to put on another button. The other shirt tore probably due to the extra weight I put on whilst taking medication and that tear was likely to grow.

Eventually, I got around to buying some cotton thread and needles. Mum was ready to sew the damage for me. I don't know why but I was sitting here doing nothing...I got the needle and thread out and...

Well, it isn't the tidiest repair work you'll have ever seen and I am sure that it can be done better but I am chuffed to say that I have repaired both my shirts and it's good enough for me. I have learnt how to sew and I am sure in time I will improve(assuming something else becomes damaged)

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

...quick, quick sew.

:-)

I used to sew a lot! Butttons and the like. I was a dab hand at threading the needles too.

2 May 2009 at 21:30  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I like that Span...

That takes me back a bit...Victor Sylvester and all that...

I've just fastened a button on one of those shirts and I know I have done that ok...

3 May 2009 at 12:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home