My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's Been A Few Days...

I have become more interested in my cooking again and have a few recipes that I plan to try out in the coming days...this also assumes that all is well for Mum and myself as both of us have appointments at hospitals and have consultants to see. No one can second guess how these meetings will go(fingers crossed)we would hope all will be well or at least we continue as we are.

If I manage to make something really special I'll try and post a link to the recipe or put it on my blog.

I don't like talking of illness with so many people having their own problems but as I have been keeping a kind of diary of how things are I better continue to say how things are...

Mum is pretty strong but is a little depressed I would say because each day is similar(that is the case even when you are fit)but you have control over your life and you can in theory go wherever you wish.

But some of the confidence has gone and if/when she manages to get out, she will always prefer that I am around to help support her(though in truth)she probably keeps me steady too. I have to say that she is a wonderful patient and really doesn't bother anyone but she has to rest and then get up and do some walking about or sitting to help strengthen her muscles. I guess they become weak if not used and/or they will have to support the spine and take some of the pressure.

She has good days and bad days pain wise...and you do wonder if this is how it will be or whether with care she will be able to get back to a life something like she had before and initially the Doctors were hopeful that recovery will be much better than looked at first.

My own last blood test just before Christmas was not as good as it could've been and I was greeted one day by a letter telling me that my kidney function had reduced. However, at that test my blood pressure was abnormally low and so my blood pressure tablets were reduced. And my Consultant suggested the low blood pressure and tablets may've been the reason so I was asked to take another just before new year at my Dr's surgery. So far I have had no phone calls or letters so hopefully "No news is good news!" Unless there is a nasty surprise this coming Thursday.

Unfortunately, my other medical problem is playing up again...and it does restrict how long I go out, what I can do and how long :-(

But my Doctor says that I am right to sort one problem out before worrying about getting this fixed for a number of reasons.

So its a bit of a strange week ahead.

Oh those tablets that I lost before the New Year and I had to go to the hospital after Midnight to get a prescription(mentioned in an earlier blog entry)they turned up tonight out of the blue as we knew would happen at some point(oh well that gives us a few extra to play with)

I also got around to making another cocktail earlier which was a hit so I'll share it with you...

You can increase/decrease the measurements...

Don't ask what it's called(I don't know)

100ml Milk
40g Vanilla Ice Cream
Half a teaspoon of coffee
50 ml Bailey's Irish Cream Whisky(or similar)


Mix together and add a couple of ice cubes...

Lovely!

4 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

yes Gildy, I must admit to trepidation when I pop in...I'm still salivating from vanilla and blueberry cocktails and cocnut cream dishes and now we have health issues again!

DO NOT let that stop you! I will always speak (and write) my mind, no matter what. I hope the "no news..." is right. The thought of you and your mum supporting each-other is an uplifting one (no joke intended at all).

18 January 2009 at 22:52  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Span...support makes quite a difference and so does humour. ;-)

Of course I have added another cocktail to try...

I guess I could make a comment on world events and I will at some point but I suppose my blog just goes in whatever direction it decides at the time. Whatever next?

18 January 2009 at 23:05  
Blogger Span Ows said...

don't know what to call it?...try "Delicious"!!!

word ver: syrop (OK, not spelt correctly but still amusing!)

19 January 2009 at 14:28  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Good one Span, on both counts...
I seem to think where I saw the recipe it was called a Baileys Coffee Cocktail but if you are using a similar product it's just a coffee cocktail.

It is rather nice though...

19 January 2009 at 14:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home