My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I've Found it!

Posted by Picasa



After much searching I found some Coconut Cream in the local supermarket manufactured by a company so far not suggested anywhere I have looked on the net or where it's talked of.

It's not the most famous of what's out there but because it is four individual sachets in a box I can use it sparingly and make it last rather than once opened having to use it quickly or throw it away. All you do, is heat a sachet in hot water.

And here's the best part, it only cost around 53p for a box. The box of powdered coconut milk I purchased the other day cost £1.99 and the famous brand of coconut cream advertised on the net is £2-£3 per can(plus a delivery charge)some sites you have to buy a case load. I hope it will always be available but you know what? It is not even mentioned anywhere on the official Patak's website.

Update:Whether it will be used or just sit on the kitchen worktop I have invested in a smoothie maker that offers the chance to make milk shakes, vegetable or fruit smoothies and even cocktails(and will also crush ice)It was half price so if it never gets used I have only wasted half of the money I would've. There will be times where using a cocktail shaker is easier and maybe quicker but some cocktails do require the inclusion of fruit or ice cream to give them a creamier texture so it could prove useful.

7 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Just buy a coconut! :-) find a local fair...perhaps shy has some (boom boom!) or coconut milk which I thought wasn't so expensive but your post says otherwise.

Hope all is well.

Cocktails...great stuff...any of them

7 January 2009 at 16:46  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

It might seem an easier option Span :-) I seem to remember decades ago trying to smash a coconut and what a job that turned out to be.

How are things? It's time I posted the latest but things are continuing seemingly better than I could hope for Mum and so far no news about the blood test I took again which my DR thinks is a postive sign.

7 January 2009 at 18:30  
Blogger Paul said...

The headline and the photo made me smile Gildy. I've never tried Coconut Cream. Coconut milk and flakes, dessicated yes but not the cream.

7 January 2009 at 18:35  
Blogger Span Ows said...

No news is good news Gildy....in most cases!

P.S. Of course you do know that coconut cream would really set off a few cocktails :-)

7 January 2009 at 20:35  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

The famous one being a Pina Colada but there others Mistletoe Kiss and Road Runner amongst others. So many to try...

7 January 2009 at 23:42  
Blogger Span Ows said...

You're enjoying these links now aren't you! :-)

8 January 2009 at 17:48  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

When I remember how to do them Span ;-)

8 January 2009 at 18:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home