My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fruit Salad...

Well, unless I am told otherwise...I'm getting back into eating my daily allowance of fruit.

Once I would've baulked at paying up to £2.50 for a fresh fruit salad comprising of melon, mango, grapes, pineapple and orange(there is enough for two servings)and there have been times when I could not afford to buy it if I wished and it could happen again.

However, I though I don't think it's any cheaper doing what I suggest as I said in the previous post you are up against dates on food and if you don't manage to eat it, you are throwing away good quality food that is expensive.

I have purchased some fruit, some fresh, some canned, some frozen, some that is packaged more like fresh fruit as it is not in a can and because I have chosen wisely, where once opened it has to be used within 3 days of opening, these if put in a fridge can be used up to 7 days after opening...so it gives me time to play with and if all pots are open I can mix what I use to give variety and if I miss a day I will probably still use everything and have fruit across the week. And I have the option of eating it or making a smoothie or home made drink.

So I have pear, melon, banana, pineapple, mango, apple, blueberries, peaches, grapes, oranges, cherries, strawberries and blackberries so I should be able to make quite a few fruit salads of my own. Quite a selection.

And for the first time in ages I also have a various selection of yogurts I can use in a similar way or could mix with my fresh fruit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

I would seperate into groups:

melon/pineapple/mango/peaches

grapes/oranges/cherries/apple

banana with both those, then

blueberries/strawberries /blackberries either with or with or without the banana.

20 January 2009 at 21:16  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That sounds good Span...

Always open to suggestions...

Just made a new smoothie at the suggestion of another friend on the net...

Vanilla Yoghurt
Blueberries
Grapes

Whizz in a blender and pour and enjoy...

I could give measurements but it depends how much you want to make...

20 January 2009 at 21:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home