My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Easily Pleased?

Had to do a little shopping...as it happens I managed to get some bargains and most of what I wanted...

A small roaster dish made by Pyrex worth £5 for £2.49

I found somehow I had forgotten that my Internet magazine came out last Thursday so I purchased it a week late...That's never happened before.

You know I have started my new interest of making alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails, I was walking past a charity shop and was thinking can I be bothered to see what books have come in...but I did and I found two good quality books, one originally was £10 and the other £13 but I paid £1.50 each of them and they were all about making and containing recipes for cocktails and punches. In hardback and fully illustrated.

Finally, for the first time I thought I'd buy an expensive Scottish malt whisky but the choice I was found just confused, The one I planned to buy even I thought to be too expensive, I thought I had purchased a decent brand(its aged and Scottish)and was a single malt but I have found out it is a blended type however it still looks like a good one. It's called Black Bottle so it still should make some good cocktails...

But all in all a good day...

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

You've really got this cocktails bug Gildy, good for you. I've never had whisky in a cocktail, the smell puts me off, but it sounds an interesting idea. Let us know how it goes

23 January 2009 at 18:10  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Will do Paul...the coffee one I mentioned worked well and this Bailey's if used sparingly is said to be rather nice drizzled on ice cream served up as desert.

I'll wait until I am well through the first bottle so I don't have too many on the go at once ;-)

Of course the "Proper" whiskey cocktails I still have to try.

I'm making one later tonight called Top Banana(which as you can guess has fruit included)and milk, vodka and Peach Schnapps.

23 January 2009 at 20:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home