My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

There's Been Some Bad Weather Of Late...

Some have tried to tie it into Global Warming and some areas of the world and the UK here have had some spectacular images reported and sent in by readers of various newspapers.

Easter weekend has been revisited by a cold snap and many areas have been hit with snow showers. I cannot say that I saw any myself(but I was told that we'd had a few during Easter Saturday)by my Mum who had to go out and well, one happened whilst she was.

I was oblivious to the event being indoors.



However, I just happened to be around at 2.30am on Easter Sunday and looking out of my bedroom window and saw gentle snow falling from the sky, tried taking a photo and managed the following image of my garden.

It doesn't seem too cold to me so I'm not expecting it to lay for long or to be too bad upon waking. But we'll see. As for the photo, it's not come out too bad...

They are making a big thing of the fact the weather has turned for Easter but I seem to remember it happens in March most years and...this particular year of 2008 for some reason whoever decides when Easter is to be, they've decided on a very early time to hold it.

The next one to be set around this date will not happen for around another 200 years so I'm not sure it's so remarkable that the bad weather coincides this time and I cannot see me being around for the next one. It's a big topic for discussion(Perhaps at a future time again)whether Global warming is playing it's part but experts suggest it's a natural cycle and recent events are not connected. There is also a body of experts now being more sensible and less alarmist in how they release their information, the latest campaign suggests adapting to future trends which they say would work much better socially, environmentally and economically for the population of the world as a whole.

Explanation Of Easter Dates

3 Comments:

Blogger Curmy said...

What a beautiful picture Gildy .

23 March 2008 at 22:21  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Indeed, it is a good photo: sadly I can't recall the last time I was actaully IN a snowfall: seen snow been in it but never when it's falling heavily and settling quickly; I remember it as a strangely tranquil and moving experience!

24 March 2008 at 08:59  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Your point about the tranquility of being caught in a snowfall or walking around on newly fallen snow and the quietness of it all is very true.

I think had I had time I could've made the image clearer but I posted it quickly without any image correction but it's not bad...

All snow has disappeared already and I think once again we've got off lightly.

24 March 2008 at 10:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home