My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

If Ill...

Do such rants matter? Probably not, as it's more important that I am still around for many years to come.

Around January 31st our Wheelie Bin was blown over whilst being collected in the strong winds but it happened whilst I was in hospital having a check up. So the first we knew was upon our return home later that day.

All was ok(we thought)but one of the little black plastic pins that pushes through a hole and secures the bin lid on the bin was missing.

There was no way we could find it but the other one was still partially connected so I pushed that home(a 5 year old child could do it)I reported the other missing pin and was told that we could have one delivered by 18th February. I explained that the wheelie bin is locked away as our home has a passage so the bin is not out on show until collection day and it keeps it safe.

And with my hospital appointments and illness could they just pop it through the letterbox and I would put pop it in place as I already had.

The person I talked to on the phone said that a note had been made of my request and they would pop it through the letter box. That they have this information and they will do so.

A few phone calls since, it still hasn't arrived(and now I have a month of rubbish collecting)

I phone today am now told that they will not put the pin through the letterbox and they have to do it because so many people are unable to do the repair(even though I have done so and it's not complicated) You push a little plastic pin into a hole. The holes are not difficult to aliegn.

This after being told I can do it for over a month. And they'll travel a 14 miles round trip to do this job that will take 25 seconds.

And what will that cost? And because I may not be in or it takes time to get to the door to answer anyone calling, I am now having to leave the bin outside every day until someone calls.

And until today the department that the person on the phone contacts about this repair has said I would be allowed to do the repair. But this same department has been saying the opposite for the last month.

There was also some mix up about our repair not even having been dealt with on the system. All for a little black plastic pin worth 10p if that.

Talk about red tape.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rupe said...

Gildy as I have said, a few times.

It's a good thing I haven't got a gun. But you being so far away,
I would sent a guided missile to the people who are giving you those stupid inane messages.

27 February 2008 at 13:57  
Blogger Curmy said...

How are you today Gildy ?

27 February 2008 at 15:04  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Hi Rupe,
Much as I hate the idea of possibly Wales and England losing it's councils and fewer doing their job, I wonder if it could be any worse.

Is the real reason that having this item delivered is seen as taking a job off some employee?

Hell, they could even post it in the mail for 30p(ish)What's it cost to send someone in a van or car.

You've all seen wheelie bins so know how simple the piece of plastic is and the repair.

Curmy,
I have waited to see if I can get away without seeing my Dr today but may go tomorrow as he's on duty again all day.

How am I?

Torn as to whether(and this is a contridiction)to drink more so the tablets have the correct amount of liquid to make them work properly.

I've tried to take them all together or as near as thinking that means I don't drinlk too much but wonder if that means by not spreading them, they are less effective.

Whether, my medication needs some tweaking.

As for myself I am approx 1 stone heavier but that hasn't changed since yesterday. But my water retention in the legs I'm kind of watching but it's still a problem in my private parts.

But I believe that is lessening but only due to laying on my back and draining it away from the tissue area. Otherwise(this is personal)Should I say?

Imagine, my penis disappearing or becoming a strange shape, not unlike looking like water blisters surrounding it. And water stored in my scrotum.

I write this in case someone else is in need of help and wondering what to do.

But I do think this is reversing slightly but for authorities reading this does not mean I am well or that this may not be something that will go on for a long long time. It's part of a larger problem.

The only consolation is that something similar happened all those years ago. So I have some knowledge.

I'll risk an extra water tablet later today to see if it helps.

Money and red tape shouldn't matter, improving healthwise is what matters but the crazy thing is that "If" I require hospital treatment, I have to come off financial help etc...whilst health is the priority and no money coming in. You have to deal with red tape.

I would have to sign forms brought into me and ask relatives(if I have any)and in my case that's Mum who would be worried enough anyhow dealing with me.

And it was all alien to her to last time and she had enough to worry over. People were helpful but it's the rules that get in the way.

And then...if you come out of hospital again you have to fill in new forms and reapply for what you already were entitled to from scratch and with the new ideas and harder line being taken, benefits are more difficult to obtain and have changed(I've never found that they were easy to obtain in the first place)

But it hasn't come to that yet...and hopefully won't. But you'd think that being ill and then becoming more so they'd let things continue and sort these matters out when you come out of hospital.

But this even happens when a pensioner goes into care temporarily.

Even if a genuine relative needs to pay bills using a pensioner's money they can find, money is frozen.

It's actually better if you can stay out of Hospital just for financial reasons alone.

At least I have a great Dr and the Citizen's Advice person to fall back on.

In the end for now...I'm managing.

And I'll worry about the above should it start to be a problem.

I think you are allowed approx a week or so.

It hasn't yet...and hopefully won't.

27 February 2008 at 16:07  
Blogger Rupe said...

Oh God Gildy, is there ANYTHING we can do?

27 February 2008 at 18:28  
Blogger Curmy said...

Gildy, you MUST ring your GP tomorrow ! (Hugs)

27 February 2008 at 18:35  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Well, I'm watching how things go tonight and hoping(fingers crossed)things may improve.

As for the other problem with the Wheelie Bin(surprise, surprise)maybe because they've taken so long to deal with the problem and I had put it outside today...I went decided at 5.30pm to pull it back in again and...

It's been repaired!

One problem solved. :-)

27 February 2008 at 20:27  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Waiting to see if things are improving...it's happened a little today but as I am laying down most of the day and draining myself, it's not allowing the problem to build up.

I am propping my legs up.

It therefore shows if I stand or sit.

But the weight is steady. I have of course my blood test on monday and see the Consultant on Thursday.

Memory says this did sort of happen when I took ill 10 years ago so just maybe it's the cycle I go through as hopefully treatment works rather than heaven forbid I am deteriorating furter.

28 February 2008 at 13:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home