My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, March 21, 2008

I Love A Cooked Breakfast But...

being in bed most of the morning, I rarely have one...but of late I do manage to eat very well.

And hopefully will continue to do so.

I have some toast and marmalade put up the night before to eat with my pills when I wake(but usually that is eaten in the night)so I make more if I'm up and about(so I guess that works out at at around four slices)

A banana.

A bowl of porridge.

And again, this morning I had a toasted muffin with some raspberry jam.

The other day, I risked a...bacon roll.

Of course I probably won't eat much for Lunch and that will tend to be after 1pm anyhow.

Its said that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day...hence the name Breakfast...you are breaking the fast. And if I eat a little less during the day I know I have not lost my appetite.

In general I believe in eating when you feel like it and probably small portions, often...but not at set times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

you're quite right Gildy. I little and often and mainly earlier in the day. No carbs after 6pm is another good rule (difficult when you think of dinner time would 'usually' include one of the following: spuds in some form, pasta, rice, bread etc...

Usually it's best not to wait to long...when you start feeling hunger 'pains' it's actually trying to do nasty things to your stomach lining!

Bacon roll...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

21 March 2008 at 10:31  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Mum, I think will have baked beans and a mashed potato patty or potato waffle possibly a little ham. I was thinking of similar but may opt for salad in a wholemeal bun and/or use some sandwich filler I have(bacon and egg I think)

Think it's it's sweet and sour chicken and rice for evening meal perhaps the wrong time but when you don't go to bed until late it gives plenty of time to digest.

I'll make certain I get some fruit and veg at some point during the rest of the day. Until I am told otherwise I'll always try to vary my diet and eat well.

It helps having two incomes coming in and if I was alone with bills I'd have to cut back but I'd say I spend most of our income on making certain I get the best food possible in the hope it's doing us some good. Therefore many could argue we spend as much as a family might.

I'd rather have more variety in the house and throw out some unused food and enjoy what I have than do without. But the dates are usually well ahead so waste is not usually a problem.

21 March 2008 at 12:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home