My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Ten Days On...

A progress report...

As much water retention as before(perhaps more, as today I had an extra tablet to take that required more liquid intake on a Saturday)Yet weight gain is minimal(for now)but Steroids will kick in and add some weight yet. Put it this way I have not drunk since 8am and still am draining fluid away. Yuk!

And the amount of liquid drunk equates to approx 3/4 of a litre. And it was suggested that I drink to avoid thirst but probably a litre of water is the allowed amount at present. Of course it is forgotten that many foods(Fruit and Vegetable)are cooked or contain liquid naturally so that also gets converted into moisture so it all adds up even if you restrict what you drink.

It was suggested that I can dispose of propping myself up in bed(to avoid it collecting in the groin area)but if I sit or stand, it does that anyhow and it does not seem to like going into my legs anymore, it collects in the groin. But today, I am propping myself up to get rid of it more quickly and to get rid of more so that it's not such a problem through the night. That way I may get a better sleep.

Maybe this is temporary or a symptom I have to go through for now or will always have, It's too early to say.

My legs are a bit more stocky especially in the ankle area but pressing the legs does not show too much water, if any, between the skin tissue.

Two weeks into treatment and the readings are starting to go in the right direction(ever so slightly)That's Protein and Createnine. The Consultant was very happy when I saw him on Thursday. I return for another check up in three weeks(hoping the progress continues to improve)It will be a long haul and some medicine can take a couple of months to kick in and then it will have to be monitored and amounts changed.

Some tablets, if the last time are anything to go by, I'll be on for months/years and you cannot just come off them immediately.

So the next time I write on my blog, Let's hope I can talk of other things...at least until practically the end of March...

5 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

No worries about talking of other things...writing about what concerns you is importnat.

I'm glad the consultant is happy; I know that doctors and nurses get a lot of stick (some deserved, some not) however the people at the top of the tree, those 'consultants' ten dto be bloody good at what they do! So progress in the right direction is very good (as against just 'good')

If Sarnia pops in tell her I'm still laughing re the football today! :-)

8 March 2008 at 19:56  
Blogger Curmy said...

Gildy, although you're having some unpleasant side effects, things seem to be improving.
Hang in there ,we're all with you.
Hugs x

9 March 2008 at 00:53  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Span and Curmy,
Written down I maybe sound down but in reality I am pretty positive and accepting of the situation. On paper(so to speak)it can appear that I am negative.

I hope as things continue that it helps someone else in a similar situation especially if they find themselves suddenly in the same place.

I adapted my own way of using my treatment last night and managed a reasonable sleep so I can sort the water out after waking.

I will continue to take it easy for however long it takes :-)

9 March 2008 at 08:21  
Blogger Rupe said...

Hello Darling One......I send you a big kiss. A big splodgy one.
It seems things are progressing ...
much love x x

9 March 2008 at 17:58  
Blogger Paul said...

Gildy I'm glad to see things improving, although I know it seems they are moving at a frustratingly slow pace sometimes.

11 March 2008 at 18:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home