My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

10,000 Tracks And Counting...

It's taken some doing but you see all these CD's?


There are approx 10,000 tracks here. My music Library. I would love to own as many as possible. And plan to keep on adding to my collection. Only now they are on my PC and backed up on 10 DVD's in case the hard drive fails. I still like to own an original CD and often can say that it's cheaper to buy a CD now than download tracks from the net unless they are free but it's amazing to think all these can fit onto a lot less space. I cannot tell any difference in the quality(mp3)and it's great being able to play a track within seconds and not have to keep changing the CD or set the computer away and have it play a random selection.

Fantastic!

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

I agree, Six and Paul were discussing this a few weeks back- record/tape/disc collection as digital.

Starngely my collection has come and gone over the years. I had a varied and, though I say it myself, brilliant vinyl record collection. loads of colours, loads of great (now iconic) tracks...but gave it all away to a mate when I first left the country (1982), same with the tapes (mainly destroyed or given away (I jhave 1 (one) left; then nearly all my compact discs I left when MrsO and I divorced so now I've got maybe 100 discs and very little digitilised...I must get on with it...or maybe I'll wait for the next stage...holographic mind controlled music??? :-)

24 March 2008 at 09:09  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Jeez...forgive all the typos!

24 March 2008 at 09:10  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Typos of course I do...

I have considering my love of music a very little music collection and that represents probably 30 years of collecting, with a big gap of 20 years where I purchased very little because of finances or being interested in other things.

But a lot of back catalogue stuff is on sale and prices really have come down. And bargains are out there.

24 March 2008 at 10:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home