My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'm Off To See My Dr...

Hopefully I'll be back later on...

If not at least you know why I have disappeared.

Update:Not to draw this out...I'm back.

I have to continue propping my legs up in bed.

I can take an extra water tablet.

Hopefully, the water retention will not mean that the condition is worse than previously. I was checked out and before being examined my Dr had described what I was like so he obviously has seen cases similar to mine even if the condition may be different.

And it's down to whether the treatment works and...the blood test on Monday/Hospital Appointment on Thursday.

An excuse to have a lay down and do as little as possible in the meantime.

Though it does mean that I am getting behind regarding my interests...at least I am home again.

For anyone that has given their support and left comments or are in contact elsewhere and just reading this blog...

Thanks

G x

Problem now is a lack of sleep, trying to stay comfortable when propping up my legs to avoid water retention which as you have to drink to take tablets is contradictory and it's so boring. Especially, when it is happening very quickly. I think I'll try and get some sleep hopefully now.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

My earlier comment seems to have disappeared so I'll just say thanks for the support and some things that friends I have made on here but are now my friends away from the net.

The offers made are too personal and touching for me to go into great detail. It goes much further than friendship or I could've expected. I have had very kind and unselfish gestures sent my way spiritual, offers of help and more.

I hope it does not come to that situation, it is still early days and I have only been on strong medication(again)for 10 days.

Its weighing up whether the drugs halt the problem or can cause further unforseen complications.

But laying around trying to beat water retention and laying for hours allows your mind to think a bit too long and hard.

2 March 2008 at 18:49  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Another thought crosses my mind how many people especially in the public eye(such as politicians, the press and on many public forums)make comments on the skivers who fiddle the system and there will always be anecdotal eveidence to support such things going on but as I now prove myself.

Someone may(when I venture out)say that I look ok but they have no idea how seriously ill I am.

So how many who are condemned and complained of deserve to be?

It's like the rust on a car or a building in need of repair...it depends where the rot happens to be and whether it can be saved.

It can look ok but you need to look beneath the surface.

2 March 2008 at 18:50  
Blogger Curmy said...

Gildy, how are you today,is the water retention any less, and are you going to ring your GP tomorrow ?

Hugs Curmy x

2 March 2008 at 23:59  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Curmy,

Water retention is about the same, still spending ages laying down.

Blood test tomorrow...then we'll see what happens on Thursday(which I am dreading a little but may be surprised)but of course the Consultant has not seen this problem yet...but at least my Dr did last Thursday so someone is informed.

I did lose it a little tonight and have a little sob but I think it did me good to let it out.

Gildy xx

3 March 2008 at 00:11  
Blogger Curmy said...

Oh Gildy, I'm so sorry (Hugs)

Couldn't you make an appt to see your Doc tomorrow ? so that when you go for your blood test you can let him give you a check up.
Talk soon.
Hugs Curmy x

3 March 2008 at 10:01  
Blogger Span Ows said...

???I thought I had commented too?! Ages ago...never mind...will hop onto today's post.

8 March 2008 at 19:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home