My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

That Looks Like Strawberry Syrup...

I've mentioned this on a message board I frequent but as I seem to be talking about medical matters on my blog I guess I have to here.

I had my bloods taken today at the Dr's surgery and the nurse who took them usually makes no comment, today she mentioned how light it looked and compared the samples to looking like Strawberry syrup. You don't know what blood is like until the sample has been checked by the Hospital Laboratory but it's usually dark in colour.

I guess that means something isn't right but is it bad news or that the drugs are working and this is how my blood is whilst they do their magic?

Either way, I'm going to be wondering what I am going to be told in the next 48 hours when I see my Consultant.

My hernia problem has given cause for concern...in one way I've found an easier way to move things back into place and not cause as much soreness, on the other hand today it caused discomfort and alarm which I could not avoid. And I was happy to get back home. I plan to stay here until going to hospital for my check up.

The problem having been caused by the old standby of water retention gathering in the groin area and therefore increasing pressure and so the hernia increased in size and there was nowhere to move it back into a suitable position but upon getting home, things did improve as I passed water, pressure reduced and that allowed the problem to reduce and it's continued that way since over a long period of hours involving rest and propping myself up to drain it away. What a relief.

I keep hoping that just maybe if one problem improves the rest will follow.

The feet, ankles and lower legs still have more fluid than they should but I can report that the new trainers and trainer socks have made things much more comfortable(How naive, I did not know that trainer socks existed)but they do not grip and leave marks in the ankle. Heaven. 3 pairs for £1...even better.

I suspect that the water gathering in the groin area is fluid moving from the lower legs and exercise circulates it around the body otherwise it stays in a specific area, as I walked around I found my trainers were less tight. And offered more room.

So for all those who convinced me that buying trainers was a good idea and to get around the problem of not being able to wear my normal shoes...thank you. I guess it's been decades since I owned a pair of trainers. Not since I was at school doing PE and probably wearing the traditional plimsoll type footwear that was not fashionable or designer like. I certainly would not have been seen wearing them to go shopping or whatever.

I may very well, find myself doing so from now on.

Update:I mentioned the bloods elsewhere and it's been suggested I could be Anemic. Now this may mean something else to fix or could be an underlying factor because of an autoimmune disorder attacking my body which hopefully the drugs will correct or maybe they are damping the system down so causing it.

It's perhaps not good guessing and reading more into something than you should and in general avoid doing so but I did find the following article...

1 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Good luck Gildy...

I wear traainers eevry day - I've got 4 pairs, all Geox, that are probably the most comfy footwear I've ever had. I only wear 'normal' shoes when I have to wear a suit or 'dress-up'.

26 March 2008 at 17:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home