My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Did The Earth Move For You...

I'm laid on my bed resting and perfectly still trying to improve my illness...approx 1am my bed kind of felt as though something had fallen off it(but as there is nothing on it but me that's impossible)then a little further vibration and it stopped. I'm wide awake so I couldn't imagine it.

Then the guy on Radio 5 in London mentions the whole of the UK has had an Earthquake or tremour and they are looking into it and that lots of e-mails are coming in with information but the official site on the net that mentions these things has crashed. I reckon about 5 seconds here but other areas seem to have had the incident much worse. Houses shaking, windows rattling, beds moving and so on.

It's probably not my first but I've slept through others unknowingly.

Information is being relayed via the American body on this kind of thing and it seems to have taken place in the Kingston On Hill area and was 4.7 on the Richter scale so damage and injury is possible and further after shocks. The British equivelent has since said it was 5.3(I think)But of course they are using sensors that are more local than is possible doing it from the other side of the World but it's the strongest we've had for around 20 years.

Earth tremor felt across England

Daily Mail

The Northern Echo(Local Paper to my area)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rupe said...

I had taken strong sleeping pill, suddenly something very heavy and furry jumped on my head,making a strange noise. xxx from Rosie and sqashed headed Rupe.

27 February 2008 at 12:15  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

If I hadn't been awake I think I would've missed it too. I didn't hear any rumble, If the house shook, I don't know, just a slight movement and then a vibration.

Maybe it would've woke me up but I would not have realised why.

Mum slept through it but I don't know if that was because she was asleep or my bedroom/bed was more susceptable for some reason.

27 February 2008 at 16:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home