My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Can't Get Started...

Yesterday, I had to go out and paid the price regarding my recent problem and boy was I uncomfortable. I spent most of the time trying to keep everything in place. I now discover that exercise(such as walking around)moves fluid away from the ankles and moves it around the body and that means it collects in the groin. And I should probably have been doing the opposite of what I was doing trying to get things back to where they are meant to be(but actually adding to the pressure already there)and nipping into the toilets at the supermarket and weeing it off. Not doing so it was just building up. I know for the future.

As I've said before, I have to be careful not to draw attention to myself and have someone think I'm a pervert. At least I can explain the situation away. I can manage if something doesn't get nipped otherwise I really have to act fast. An earlier post I mention possible complications regarding if I am operated on another forum member says she's had two and been private and all worked out fine and deending on where it it's located decides if they are painful.

Today has been a bit better apart from Lunchtime where nothing seemed to help and I thought "It's time to panic" Pain and no way to fix matters.

Since then, it's been reasonable but it helps in that all I have been doing is laying on my bed and falling asleep(and sometimes missing some radio I wanted to hear)

Its a lazy day...so little to blog about.

The most exciting part of the weekend? I've bought some side plates, to add to the other items I purchased a few weeks ago. I was torn whether to buy blue or a cream colour(and how many)I decided on 4 and went for the light blue. Don't know why I settle on that number as I suspect most would choose half a dozen. And again, they are good and solid but only cost £1 per plate so I'm happy and it means we are not short on plates. Later, I may if any are left buy some of the cream one's too. Or am I being extravagant?

Isn't it great to pleased by such simple things?

At least I haven't lost my appetite as yet. Maybe I'm eating too much but I do not seem to be adding weight.

What have I had today?

4 slices of toast and marmalade, porridge and a bacon sandwich.

1 Banana.

A potato waffle, bacon and a fried egg.

A chicken breast in white wine/mushroom sauce with some broccoli, carrots, peas and cauliflower and a couple of roast potatoes.

A Muller Apple Rice Pot.

And I've drank mainly water, 1 coffee and tonight I'll probably have a mug of tea.

So I hope that's a reasonable choice of food for today. You know how desperate I am when I start to list what I am eating on a blog entry.

5 Comments:

Blogger Curmy said...

Gildy, I hope the fluid retention gets better soon.(Hugs)

Your china sounds lovely.

30 March 2008 at 20:25  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

What a contrast going from talk of illness to purchasing of plates.

Its a life and a half isn't it?

Mind regarding being sleepy, considering how early I was eating breakfast and taking my tablets...I'm not surprised I'm snoozing.

30 March 2008 at 20:35  
Blogger Span Ows said...

china?...his diet sounds lovely! You'll need the plates Gildy for when i get there ;-)

30 March 2008 at 21:28  
Blogger Curmy said...

If I ate that amount of food, Gildy, I'd pile on the pounds !

30 March 2008 at 23:03  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Of course this food fest was over a 15 hour+ period of time and no it was not all eaten for Breakfast ;-)

Dare I admit I also had a piece of chocolate cake(Yum!)

Sometimes the drugs affect the taste of the food but all was fine and as it should be.

30 March 2008 at 23:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home