My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Back Safe From Woodhorn...

Shattered though so forgive me if I write about the visit over the coming days. A twelve hour day in the end. Its a long walk to the colliery. Even worse when you are the way I am. then you find out there is a regular bus service,

I'd like to say that was a good thing but the problem is though there is a bus service that passes the entrance(I later found out)they have not placed a stop close to the turn off that takes you into the place.

Truthfully I was shattered. I had to rest when I arrived and after advice where to get a bus after my visit, I kept thinking can I actually manage to walk to it but what choice did I have? I could not even find it initially. And kept thinking what if I have chosen the wrong direction. Then when I did there wasn't a time table and kept thinking "What if the service stops by this time and I am standing here for no reason?" And the thought of doubling back on the path I had taken and then adding extra time and distance was not making me feel very well to be honest.

Luckily a bus did arrive...eventually.

I had a while to wait in the nearest town so popped into a large convenience store we don't have here...treated myself to some thermal insoles, comfort insoles, some special bags that make bread, fruit and veg and cheese bags that make such items last longer if you have opened them.

When I got back to Newcastle the shopping malls run into the bus station and as most retailers were open until 7pm-8pm I popped in to M&S nothing was reduced but they did have a variety of Crisp Bakes which I remember I used eat years ago with Mum and Dad. One pack(with two inside)cost almost £2 but if you buy two they come down to £1.50 each. They have a good date on them so I chose Bacon and Cheese, the other is Corned Beef and Potato.

The bus back to Durham had switched to a half hourly service and that did not connect to the bus back to here so I had to hang around in Durham bus station for 40 minutes. So I popped next door and decided to treat myself to a portion of chips at a fish and chip shop.

Going to Woodhorn I literally arrived at each bus station and boarded the next bus and the journey went like clockwork. I now have some more coastal destinations I want to visit and most start a few minutes out of Newcastle. So I'll either do so when the weather is nice in Autumn or wait until next year and have some lovely trips out.

But as I say I'll give more of my impressions of the actual place soon. I will take to my bed and sleep and go out early to get my flu jab and see what today brings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home