My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

I've Had The Flu Jab...

I was so tempted to turn over and carry on sleeping but managed to pull myself together but decided a taxi was required to get to the surgery. I did walk home though. I was there before the start of the clinic and found no queue this year.

They'd been allowed in early. Ir was quite bust inside but I was seen within twenty minutes. On the way home I managed to find the last semi skimmed filtered 2 litre bottle of milk. I am buying that now as I waste less and I don't always have to worry about putting it back in the fridge before it turns sour so I save money.

Also in Aldi's(its made by the same company)as another well known brand in another supermarket. There it costs nearly £2 per bottle or you can have two for £3. But my new way its 89p per bottle so still cheaper. I needed a cucumber and some peaches. Ordinary milk costs £1 so I am saving between 11p to 50p even more if I don't have to waste as much with filtered lasting long when opened. I wanted tomatoes and cherry tomatoes but they either were out of them or had not put them out on the shelves as yet.

I want to go out and was tempted to take a trip to one of the coastal towns I passed by yesterday but weather permitting I have decided to do that on Tuesday, And come back into Durham for the comedy play that is on for that one night only and make a day of it. Thinking South Shields, Whitley Bay, Newbiggin or another more secluded place if I find there is a bus service there.

So debating now whether to stay home today and rest or attempt a journey closer to home as I have been mentioning all week, I can do that in approx an hour. Its only looking around shops and outdoor market in Stockton On Tees. I don't need anything though. If I leave the trip a little longer there could be something of interest as Christmas gets ever nearer. I could go down to the river area but I am not sure I can manage that today. And that isn't going anywhere so I can do that any day of the week/any time of the year.

To be honest its pretty miserable out there and dull. The sun isn't shining so I am not missing that much.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you not get your mobility scooter yet?

A-L

26 September 2015 at 10:07  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I will get things moving(no pun intended)now its later in the year and I'm staying closer to home. I could've done with the scooter yesterday at Woodhorn :-)

A few people were using them there but I assume they lived close by or had brought them in a car. Not possible on a bus.

Wondering if I'd be selfish/if they are worth considering for trips out when a bus is used initially and should invest in a motorised wheelchair/powerchair for some journey's because they are small enough for using on a bus.

26 September 2015 at 10:31  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'll tell you what has made a difference in the end yesterday and since this morning, not overused so they lose their effect is painkillers. Its good not to totally "Give in"

I'll be honest I went back to bed and got another three hours of solid restful sleep.

Probably needed after such a long day out.

26 September 2015 at 14:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that gives you greater freedom and a bigger area to visit/explore because you can get it on a bus or train, then go for it!

A-L

26 September 2015 at 20:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home