My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Thinking That I May Have Another Look Out...

tomorrow and see if I can find any of those shrubs I saw at the Pound shop. It wasn't the same discount retailer today at Peterlee. And the branch at a retail park near Durham is one of the largest I have been in so maybe they'll have them and I'll be lucky.

It was an inexpensive day I suppose if you take out the cost of my computer magazine/tv magazine and one of my very few attempts to win the Euro Millions lottery. I did find some items that probably won't be used that much this year as we are so far into the Summer now but I found a kind of small cool box(said to be worth £25)I doubt it but it was only £2.99 and to freeze it you don't put frozen ice blocks into the bag. It has a gel between the layers and its freezes and keeps items placed in it cold for ten hours.

I found a really cheap one for £1 and purchased some blocks(3 for £1)and now I have the choice which one to use. If I am only taking food I can just take one of them with me or being smallish they may fit in the rucksack. Could be handy if I am out for the day and want to keep a salad or sandwiches cool/water, cola or fruit juice. At a push if I was buying frozen veg somewhere it will keep them cold until I get back home. I still spent around £10(it doesn't go very far)

Luckily what I am buying will last and won't need replacing very often if at all. Once you have what you need you spend less. Or that's the theory.

So I have the trip out tomorrow all being well, the little bingo club in the evening. Friday I hope I'll finish my housework tasks and maybe get into the garden as the weather is suppose to improve by then and my wheelie bin will hopefully be taken away. I'll finally finish that job too.

Saturday I may try and visit a kind of park I have never been to before but they usually charge admission for going there. Hardwick Park in Sedgefield but this week I think there is an event that is free. Buses stop quite early back to my town but until 9pm I can travel to Durham and then connect to a bus that will bring me back to here. Its a long way round but at a push it can be done and saves a £12 taxi fare.

Update:Things haven't changed much...the trip is planned Friday instead, I was too tired. Everything else stands as planned. The previous blog entry hasn't been changed but the text in the updated section has been tidied so it flows better and makes more sense. My compact camera isn't strong enough to get a decent picture of the wind turbines from Ferryhill and from a moving bus. I may still try and if I do I'll post it because I think its worth illustrating. Another day I may travel to Haswell again as I would love to show you the turbines so close up. With a regular 20 minute bus service I won't be stranded there. I may be able to take some images from the bus as it moves too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Driving out of Austria and into Slovakia this May, I saw an amazing amount of wind turbines! I find them rather spooky actually, standing amongst the landscape as they do. Like sleeping giants.

A-L

1 August 2015 at 20:06  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

They are...and seen in the distance on the skyline and seen they must be "Big" That was confirmed when I passed them on the bus. I think that there are eight pointing one way and two in another direction(the last two were hardly moving)they dominate the village.

Online I see that only five are mentioned. So I may've miscounted.

But they seem to be owned/run by two different companies so there could be a group of five and another of two, that's seven in total.

No doubt you saw many many more.

1 August 2015 at 22:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the landscape between Vienna and Bratislava is mostly flat and wide open farmland (banks of the Danube) I must have seen about fifty all together, stretching over the landscape.

A-L

2 August 2015 at 09:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home