My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, August 03, 2015

How Did The Day Look When I Woke...

Not much different to be honest to what I expected.

I could not wake up. How sleepy was I? Well, I won a house at the bingo(only £3)but I missed it. However, I did still win another house and a line. Smiley

I gave up on the possibility of an unusual night of cinema happening locally because I have seen the film on TV but the only difference is that probably the only existing member of the cast still living is doing a question and answer session before or after the film "Carry On Screaming" That's Fenella Fielding.

I have decided to stay in. Pace myself and it makes a difference if you feel reasonably positive. Its coming in dull again so I don't know if it is the nights drawing in or we're heading for another downpour. Sunny nights are nice but if the weather isn't great you don't mind staying in so much.

A quiet night of radio listening ahead and I am thinking of having a ham salad for my evening meal.

I gave in today and purchased a salad spinner which I thought will last years and be useful for washing salads and fruit. I also purchased a replacement pocket wind up LED torch as the one I have seems to be failing, a new mousemat and a dry erase board with magnets but I'm using that for putting my bingo books when I play in future. Taking the salad spinner out of the equation it only came to £4.50 which seems reasonable.

I have been thinking about my fish and chips tomorrow and what I decided I would have when I go on the coach trip on Wednesday(I had to sign a plan a few months ago)and I have a feeling I picked fish and chips so I may be having it two days running.

I am not eating much because I may've said already I find it a struggle to eat big meals and I tend to go for hours between meals or graze throughout the day. So if my ham salad is nice tonight I can wait until tomorrow lunchtime and see that meal as breakfast and dinner combined.

Did I say I tend to choose large shirts/jumpers/t-shirts these days...I like the extra room but I have tried medium lately and think that they still fit and that may offer me more choice and variety. And when they are only from a charity shop and costing £1 it is OK if I am unable to wear them that often if at all. After I am larger than I used to be. But not obeseSmileyI won't be doing this anytime soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure Jim Dale is still alive, from Carry on Screaming. :)

A-L

3 August 2015 at 21:41  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'm probably regretting not attending now...but there you go. A similar event took place in Newcastle on Saturday or Sunday so coming to Darlington was not a bad idea on the way back(I assume to London)

Not held in a cinema but in a kind of building used for many music based uses. It has rehearsal and studio facilities.

You are right about Jim Dale :-) he was in London for a month doing a one man show about his life. What I would've given to see that. Pity that he didn't do a few extra shows across the UK or offer a live feed to other venues.

3 August 2015 at 23:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really nothing to stop you going to London if you put your mind to it. :) Save up, plan what you want to see and there you go. :) It can be as easy - or as difficult - as you make it. :)

A-L

4 August 2015 at 07:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home