My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, April 03, 2015

Good Friday...

Change of plan.

I purchased a very small amount of Lamb and yesterday visited a retailer that I have heard much of but never ever been too before. It mainly sells all kinds of meat but in reality sells just about anything from fruit to vegetables to bread to cakes to cheese.

Its easier if you have a car because its on the outskirts of a sort of industrial estate though at a push with a shopping trolley and with an hourly bus service with a stop outside the premises it can be done. I'm thinking of investing in a new upright freezer and if I do that I could visit perhaps once or twice a year. Purchase all that I need perhaps buying in bulk will save me money too. Also cut down on how often I need to buy food. For now its just a thought.

I was planning on going to Durham Cathedral to attend some more Easter services but I don't feel up to it. I have slept the clock around. Had a reasonably peaceful and cosy sleep too. Also its cold, wet and horrible out there.

I've had a kind of feeling in limbo feeling. I don't feel down as such but nor do I feel chipper. But happily my mind isn't thinking too deeply nor thinking of anything in particular. But I do have a bit of one of those butterfly feelings in the pit of my stomach.

So I'm going to fill a couple of hours riding a bus and if its open as it appears to be visit a showroom that sells mobility scooters, beds, chairs and accessories and get some details, pick up a brochure if they have one. Find out what it all entails.

Yesterday, I cooked a full chicken and diced casserole beef. I was going to have some of it later but today(being Good Friday)I think I shall have some fish. Possibly have a beef stew/soup tomorrow. Eat the chicken between now and Monday and possibly consider having some of my lamb on Easter Monday. I must stay focused and keep an interest in eating as I possibly can.

I cannot see anything of particular interest on the TV and they haven't added anything special to the radio schedule for Easter either which is a pity. But by the time I return from my trip out it will be tea time anyhow and early evening. I am not planning on spending any money.

Tomorrow(and I suspect it will be packed)and may only be meant for children and families so I don't know if I will be allowed in but a local church is showing the new Paddington Bear movie and that's practically on my doorstep(and will be cheaper than it would cost to go to a fancy cinema)so I will see if I can manage to get a seat.

If the weather improves perhaps I can attend a service at the Cathedral on Sunday. Monday we're having a afternoon bingo session again.

And all being well Sunday night I will be at the usual little bingo and turn session at a club on the town. It gets me out for a couple of hours.

Right I better make tracks and go and see those scooters...plenty of buses available though during the afternoon(not so good after 6pm)but they run approx every 15-20mins during the day...well they do where I am going to...I don't need to get shaved(whiskers haven't come through yet)and I'll be dressed in minutes.

Update:So much for that plan...the internet said buses were running as normal...Wrong! Its a Sunday service and I nearly gave up and came home but once out I decided I'd go for it! Then the bus I caught decided to terminate a few stops earlier than usual(still have no idea why)Then I found though most retailers were open...the mobility scooter place was closed! Wasted journey unless you think I had a couple of hours outdoors.

Now I'm listening to favourite I remember watching on TV as a child and well into adulthood the Australian writer Clive James who as he is terminally ill and on borrowed time and only 18 years older than myself is remarkably upbeat and yet I'm not sure I'm doing myself any favours listening when you realise how infinite time is and how long any of us have. But as they say...tomorrow is another day. Perhaps I'll hop on a bus and try and go to the scooter shop again and maybe I'll see if I can see that film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home