My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, March 09, 2015

Back On Plan...

Cough and cold has now disappeared. After two nights of blustery winds outside that seems to have improved. I'm chipper. Had lots of sleep. Its reasonably warm indoors without any central heating or me being overly wrapped up in extra clothes.

I have eaten well...lots of vegetables and simple food either as stews/casseroles/soups.

Tonight(Sunday)went well, the usual get together at a club on the town. No, I didn't win but luck was on our table as the person who won the sticky thirteen card game last week, won two bingo houses tonight and she had won at another venue on Wednesday so its her run of luck at present.

My plan for Monday morning is to finally go to the neighbouring town and do a food shop(a change to using the supermarket(s)on my town)I reckon for approx £12 I will have approx 10-12 meals that can be heated in a microwave as they are or be added to with fresh fruit and veg. If I leave around 9am I can pick up my prescription at the pharmacy on my town, catch the bus, be into the supermarket around 10.15am, have a leisurely shop and then return my goods to home or stay longer and the same bus will get me to my afternoon bingo session(there's a freezer in the kitchen of the centre* where we play bingo that I can put my food in)and then the taxi I share can bring me straight home.

Tuesday, late afternoon I'll see my friend in his new hospital and then return to the music club afterwards. So that's a couple of days taken care of...

I used the corned beef over the weekend. I have some chicken thighs in the fridge that I may pop into the slow cooker later today. They can be used for a meal or I may take the meat off them and add it to a stew or home made soup. This supermarket is especially good on its fruit and vegetables. I don't why but I haven't bothered much about going off the town to shop and just suddenly decided it was a good idea.

Seriously thinking of potting up my tubs and hanging basket. The pansies are starting to bloom and have large heads. I probably should replace the compost but with added plant food mixed in, I think they'll survive OK. And initially the plants have soil around their roots anyhow which they'll go into the containers with anyhow.

*Scrap that...I'm awake so crazily I'm catching a bus at 7.20am to be there for when the supermarket opens and will collect tablets and change money at the bank when I come home. May have a late breakfast mid morning otherwise, plans are much the same.

Update:It went fine...Have seven nice meals averaging out at around £1.28 per meal(which I can microwave)and add other items to if I want to stretch them further. Was walking around the supermarket at 8am and managed to return quickly and hit a return bus as it arrived at the bus stop outside the store. The same went well with the other tasks. As I reached home I found the weather was deteriorating(snow last week)winds and freezing rain today. I won the grand sum of £1 at the bingo. With all the shopping done I came straight home from the club.

My friend who has been in hospital around six weeks seemingly continues to make good progress. And at this rate he could be home quite quickly even though more work will be needed to be done once he manages to get out of hospital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home