My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, October 17, 2014

You Know, I Don't Think That I Have...

taken an up to date image of my kitchen since the work has been carried out. I'll put that right soon. I actually feel it is smaller, that there is less space. I am only keeping the drainer on the draining board when I wash a lot of crockery and cutlery and then I'll hide it away. If I keep on top of things I should be able to use one set of everything.

You will see that in general everything fits reasonably OK. I haven't a towel rail but I have draped some tea towels over a radiator which protects it when the door is opened and on the doors of the cupboard of the sink unit I am still able to close the doors but I have draped two tea towels and a hand towel over them. I have my DAB radio for entertainment if I am in there for a decent length of time but generally I am in and out as quickly as possible. I don't take ages to prepare my meals.

Now that the grills for ventilation are no longer in doors and walls, it is much warmer in there even without putting putting heating on.

I have the two microwaves spaced reasonably apart. A slow cooker. On another top the electric kettle and toaster fits well and the little chopper and toasted sandwich maker sits on top of a microwave when not in use. I can prepare vegetables and fruit on the draining board if I put a chopping board/tray on top of it.

The pantry will be used for overflow of kitchen items and once again to put my booze. And I now have my fridge freezer in the kitchen. My washer too. The only thing I can't fit in there is the tumble dryer which for now remains in the Dining Room. One day I may decide to move it into the garage or outhouse but really its not doing any harm where it is.

In the bathroom I have draped a hand towel over the radiator and two bath towels over the bath and managed to put a small bath rug on the floor. If I leave the door open it can stay down at its full length, if I try to close the door it won't close unless I fold it slightly so it is a little shorter. And I now have a shower in there too. The next big thing I need to do to complete these rooms are curtains.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lesley said...

Glad it all went ok, looking forward to the photographs

18 October 2014 at 18:05  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

All being well will share images soon.

19 October 2014 at 07:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home