My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Good And Bad...

The Sunderland Airshow was the busiest yet...the trip there went to plan except I started out an hour later than planned and arrived to find that I had missed the first demonstration of parachutists landing...but the weather was kind and I had almost the same spot as last year...a perfect view and my own chair...

Will put some images up soon. As said before getting them is not easy...and when you see the flashy expensive cameras others have taken along with massive lenses, I am pleased I managed to take any.

The downside to the day? There had to be something was that no gave up a seat on the bus between Durham and Sunderland(not even those usually put aside for elderly/disabled passengers)and at the time there were still plenty of seats upstairs. So I had to keep switching between standing, kneeling on the floor of the bus.

And coming home there was so many people the arranged collection point for buses to get everyone home was a shambles but it would work if you knew which stop to queue at...I was directed to at least five different areas and boarded one bus to be told it did not accept cash, bus passes and only certain tickets so had to get off again.

I eventually found one to take me from the venue to the main bus station in Sunderland(almost)so if you allow the mix ups, queues and bus ride before boarding the bus to Durham the time it took was close on three hours. Then if you take the travel time to Durham, wait for the bus from there to my town and my little walk home that took another two hours so getting home came in at five hours. Yet getting there took around two hours.

I really should pay more attention to the aircraft that fly but there were some new ones debuting this year. As well as favourites like the Red Arrows, Wing Walkers etc...there was a live broadcast on the internet and a video on You Tube but that is now a pay to watch video and there is a DVD to buy too.






But here is some of the airshow...In particular The Red Arrows...my location was more central and there were not as many people in front of me.

For all the problems of getting home, the day itself was fun and worth doing, if I am up to it, I shall happily do it again next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home