My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Its Sunday Morning And I Am Going Out...

No excuses whatsoever. You see the plan was...yesterday to see the entertainment on the streets in Durham like last year. But the weather had other ideas. The heavens opened. So I changed my itinerary. I decided to open my wallet and allow the moths to escape. I went in the opposite direction and travelled to Darlington and felt that I should think of getting some "Holiday" or casual clothes. They'll be no good in Winter but should last me years.

I have discovered that in sales and even normally on the racks in many shops there are plenty of items I wanted but not in my size. I like what I purchased but they were not necessarily my first choice. This goes for both trousers and shorts or T-shirts/shirts plenty of extra small, small, medium, extra large and above. If you are going by waist size they had plenty below 36inches and above but 36inches...no.

But I still came home with a variety of shorts(in various leg lengths)I don't usually do shorts. A couple of short sleeve shirts(in a large and small check pattern)a couple of polo shirts I suppose. And some basic t-shirts in various colours like grey, blue, yellow, black etc...and they only cost around £2.50(US $4.27)Still spent a fair bit. I also found a pair of canvas type shoes for £4.99($8.53)but being heavy on walking and at an unusual angle they may not last very long but I may use them on my coming holiday.

I came home later than planned but the weather improved so I headed out to Durham. I dressed in a black t-shirt, baseball cap and a pair of shorts with the idea I would be watching a couple of hours of street entertainment ending with a concert at the theatre of the Brighouse and Rastric Brass Band...

As I boarded the bus, the heavens opened worse than in the morning. So I thought there is no way the planned entertainment would take place. How was I to fill approx 5 hours. I am an expert at time wasting, Too late I discovered many of the bands had played. Then later transferred into the theatre and continued their performances indoors. I did not know sadly. It was probably a hasty decision on their part too.

So I shall have a quick shave(pop on the same clothes)and keep my fingers crossed for the day ahead. But will follow them indoors if it happens again.

In the five hours I had to kill yesterday I thought of having a meal but everywhere was so expensive and I did look at many places. An example? Good old fish and chips...to take out, approx £6($10.24)to eat in almost double the price. I ended up eating a carton of grapes £2($3.41)whilst watching the show. So that probably did me more good.

Now the concert was great. They played a selection of popular pieces and I am not sure I can do them justice with words, I had a quick count of the members in the band and came up with Thirty! The night before it was the BBC Big Band.

When I came out, I had approx 15 minutes to catch my bus home or I would have to wait for another hour, I almost killed myself trying to get there and in the end, gave up, it wasn't worth it, so I went back  to walking slower. As luck would have it, it was late in leaving by perhaps two minutes so all was well.

When the bus got out of the city centre, there was a fog/mist like I have not seen in many years and the bus had to take its time for safety and when in my own town I got off at the wrong stop and that tired me out as I had a longer walk and it was quite eerie being alone and it being so quiet. I really was pleased to be home both safe and sound. That's not a complaint...it was a good productive day and an enjoyable night too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home