My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Lady Luck Is Weird...

A friend won the Sticky Thirteen card game a couple of Sundays ago and then won the Snowball bingo game last Thursday. Then on Sunday another bingo house. He purchased some scratch cards yesterday and...won on them too.

And something similar has happened to me. Not on that scale though. I won two lines and a house on Monday and tonight I put a bottle of wine into the raffle at the music club and...won a tin of biscuits and two large bars of chocolate in return and I gave one bar of chocolate away.

On the way to the the club, I purchased some trainer socks(mainly for my holiday in August)and found £6's worth of bread buns for 70p. Sometimes they are better than loaves of bread. Unless, you have found some sandwiches reduced like I did the other day, I came in a little earlier and had a round of lovely buttered chicken, bacon and Lincolnshire ones and a coffee. Not bad having £3 of sandwiches for £1.

What a great night at the Music Club(a few regulars)but some acts had come over from a club that is in a neighbouring town...Stockton On Tees and they were great. It was so nice for them to come and see us. Its so wrong to use the term a "Folk" club because the range of songs is greater than that but when the performers are mainly acoustic or un accompanied its all too easy to use it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home