My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

No Images...

But on Monday I attended a Last Night Of The Proms show at a local theatre...lots of light popular classics, favourites like Rule Britannia, Land of Hope and Glory but as we head towards the anniversary of 100 years since the start of WWI and 75 years since WWII there were a  sprinkling of songs associated with the time. We did also have some songs from musicals like South Pacific.

Lots of the audience were waving flags like they do on the one at the end of the Proms broadcast by the BBC from London's Royal Albert Hall. It seemed a bit early in the season but the orchestra I saw is on a tour and it was the first night.

I happened to be around the back of the theatre in an area I am not usually and saw some of the orchestra arrive(I was resting as I was tired)there are big road changes happening in Darlington and lots of detours to my usual route. I mention it in passing that one member of the orchestra was in shorts(it was a really hot night)and because you don't see it often...he was a double amputee and was walking with a pair of false legs...not the kind that try to look real that we used to see years ago. The kind we see many injured soldiers have up on returning from war these days. On stage no one would have had any idea and of course it did not impair his ability or talent to create beautiful music.

Another great night and with so much sadness in the news and around the world it was just nice to have a few hours to forget and to see everyone so happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home