My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, June 02, 2014

It Were "B***** Great!"

Having taken it easy on Saturday too...we were blessed with fine weather for my first trip to a brass band concert in the grounds of the Durham Light Infantry Museum in Durham...which is next to County Hall. There is a little walk but thanks to some seats along the way and a bus stop quite close by...it is doable. Unfortunately, Sunday service gets in the way...

More so coming home...the concert by Ferryhill Town Band lasted almost two hours but then thanks to the walk we found that three buses were due to arrive at 16.23 and the bus we were to connect to get home leaves at 16.30(runs once an hour)and we arrived at the station at...16.30 and boarded it with seconds to spare. Otherwise it meant waiting for another hour. The bus due at 16.23 arrived three minutes late which did not help. The other two still had not arrived.

An earlier bus which runs perhaps a little more regular had left at 16.08 which we missed by perhaps five minutes.

The DLI museum is smaller than I thought it would be and the person I went with had seen everything within 30 minutes, as I wanted to be sure of seeing the concert and was unsure how many would attend, I did not go around the museum this time. The staff were very helpful and friendly and we are now on first name terms which is nice. My friend purchased a day pass, I purchased a pass that lasts the whole year(It was only £1 extra)but like him one visit may be enough.

The concert was great and I will put up some images. However, next time I hope to go alone...no offence to who I went with but his attention span is challenged somewhat and whereas I would have given the concert my full attention I found myself being interrupted and whereas I keep any talking quiet and short, I don't talk when people are performing but my companion is a bit too loud and starts talking about things that can be talked about at any time and I was aware that it might annoy others present who wanted to hear the music and not him.

So I kept looking for excuses to move to another location. Its not done deliberately, there is a little bit of "Special Needs" about him and to be honest I do like to sometimes give him the chance to do something other than stay at home. And I know that he enjoyed the day because he said so. And that(to use a term that he often does use)and I used as the title of this entry was "B***** Great!" But in hindsight I realise that I missed such a lot of the lovely programme of music the band played.

So if I manage to attend more of the concerts over the Summer I will try and do so alone. I have some other days out where I will be taking him and they are not affected by him talking because there isn't any music being played. I hope this does not make me sound horrible.

In August I have a small vacation and I will be keeping him company for approx 3-4 days and I am not kidding myself that it will not be hard work. I did kind of get talked into it. I may try and go away for another trip on my own later in the year. Even if its just for a weekend.

It was one of my better days where I was able to pace and control physical pain and mobility because I had rested for a few days but I was really tired by the time I finally reached home and most of the night I have been in a deep sleep inbetween being in pain and having lots of aches. Its taken almost twelve hours to shake them off or shall I say to improve enough to have some peace. And I plan to do as little as possible for the rest of today and probably tomorrow.

Later in the day I found that there had been another visit from the company who is doing the work around the property but unannounced, as I was not expecting one I was out. I have to arrange another visit. Its been suggested to me and I may look into it. Getting into a bath is more difficult these days so I may ask if I can have a shower instead of a bath when install a new bath and toilet.

 They are measuring up the replacement door on Friday so that is moving quite quickly. Today I was given two fully lined curtains which I plan to put across the doors so in the evening it keeps out draughts and offers extra privacy. If I decide against this and they are a useful size I may be able to put them in a bedroom.

I have found out some more information about the "Gay" pride event on Thursday I am attending. Bit concerned my camera's battery may not last long enough. It won't if I take video's. I shall take what I am able and may stick to stills rather than video's. There are going to be lots of street entertainers(buskers, dancers, stilt walkers, fire eaters etc...)Not really sure what to expect...I hope the weather is kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home