My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, June 06, 2014

A Little Sore...

I am back from the first ever Gay Pride Event in Durham City...perhaps in the County of Durham...the organiser who gave a speech aid it was...a drag queen mentioned a guest in the "Cabaret" playing Darlington some months back but the difference could be that it was not officially called "Gay Pride"

It is easy to upset people but I am honest if nothing else...I was comfortable at the event and though straight myself and many who were present were. Only a small amount were what could be called flamboyant.

I think I chose the wrong venue for entertainment, the other one that I nearly went into was in full swing by 7pm. The one I chose there was entertainment from 8pm, it started at 10pm and the place was empty until 9.30pm and I had to leave before it ended. But I saw approx an hour. In fact I until things picked up I was sat on my own reading a computer magazine *=)) rolling on the floor

Perhaps the entertainment looked better if you'd downed a fair amount of alcohol but to be honest it wasn't great. In hindsight I could have come home much earlier, I was sat on my own with a couple of ciders. In reality I could have actually spent the night without any drink, no one was that bothered but I felt that I should.

I spent approx £1.20($2.02) more than had I gone to my usual bingo and that was less because I found £1. Two drinks were £7.20($12.10)People were kind and spoke to me and offered me a drink of wine but I made do with the cider. A fair amount of alcohol was purchased and at those prices it would not be a cheap night. It makes what I pay at the local pubs on town seem a bargain. Well, you get three drinks for the cost of two in this nightclub.

The club was noisy and it had a retro 70's club feel about it or how I imagine one was like and most of the music was Disco music of the time and if you stayed long enough it was on a loop which came around a few times. It was loud but by the end of the evening they turned the volume up even more, you could not recognise the music being played and and could feel the vibrations through the seats and your body, it was just a rumble...thank heavens I was wearing earplugs.

If you go to that club regularly, I suspect someone would have hearing damage in no time. Would I go again...ask me in approx a year. There is a massive three day event in July in Newcastle and 65,000 people are expected there but that will be too much of an effort.

I don't know if I missed promised street performers arriving later than planned. I heard there were to be fire eaters and stiltwalkers amongst those present but saw only two stiltwalkers myself.



The weather was kind and it did not rain...I caught my bus home ok and I cannot blame the booze as I managed more uneven terrain in Durham than at home but almost home I fell heavily. I knew I was going and could do nothing to stop it. I jerked my head. I have a sore hand(luckily the pad of my hand protected things somewhat)though a bruise is now showing and the wrist is affected now but not bad enough to say it is strained. I have hurt my thigh(or hip)twisted a leg/knee but I don't think that I have done serious damage such as breaking anything. Well, I hope not. At least I can rest again until my theatre trip on Saturday night which is in the same area as last evening. A fall isn't fun and not when you are alone on a deserted street at Midnight.

Durham looked kind of special and I now wish I had gone out and taken more images especially when I arrived. Here's one of the castle against a striking sky.


I have so much data stored on my computers I'm fighting a losing battle, not helped by burned discs of saved material being lost/damaged by having to move stuff when I got hassle unfairly from the Housing Association which some older readers of my blog may remember. However, I am saving and sorting out images/video's and erasing memory cards so I have space to add new images of adventures coming up that I hope to go on soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home