My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, May 02, 2014

How Are You Doing?

Is it really four days since I wrote anything here?

Well, firstly we've had technical problems. My internet went "Funny" on Wednesday night and even around 5am this morning it was still playing up. Websites would either refuse to load, would partially load or take forever. I finally did some speed tests and it was woeful.

I have been getting at least 14+mbs download speed(whatever that means)and I now know that my landline is meant to accept speeds upto 16mbs. So you can see that a speed of 0.19mbs is really slow. So I phoned my ISP and we came to the conclusion that something was wrong. I was told to test the speeds today at say 9am, 2pm and 7pm.

But the feeling was an engineer may have to call. I went online around 10.30am and guess what? Its as good as it ever was and slightly better almost at the full capacity my line allows. So whether the fault is an ISP one or the network that all companies have to use in the UK British Telecom I don't know.  But we were talking of around 36 hours and I just kept hoping it would come right as often problems with the internet often do. If an engineer calls there is always the provision in the conditions that there could be a £60 fee. Ouch!

As long as I stay where I am I lucky in that I have a telephone junction box approx six houses away and there others closeby. And the local exchange is 0.9 miles away. So many things are in my favour.

Good to have everything working again...

Has much happened in the last few days? Not really. Have I been ok? I have had some black moments where I have been down(but can't pin it to anything in particular)mostly been fine. Had another good night at the music club on Tuesday. It was packed and for an open mike night there were so many performers present they could only do two numbers each. And the night lasted almost three hours.

Then on Wednesday afternoon I was at an afternoon concert with a nine piece female voice choir "Stardust" who performed for perhaps 70 minutes and sang a variety of music genres mostly unaccompanied.

Last night was the bingo session at the local sheltered accommodation, I did not win...

This Sunday a couple of us are taking some extra buffet food in(its someones birthday the next day)so I am taking tomatoes, cheese, pickled onions, crisps perhaps some cake. The other person is doing volauvents, sausage rolls that I know of, possibly something else and bringing napkins, plates etc...

I have other things in the house that I could take along. We'll see.

I haven't eaten a great deal these past days but I'm fine...when I have its been good stuff...fruit, museli, salad.

I haven't been far from home, not been upto it. But I have another stint at trying to get signatures on a petition for the saving of the NHS tomorrow and a little bit of train spotting on Sunday afternoon. So I am taking it easy until then.

I don't buy them often but I have purchased a Euromillion lucky dip ticket for tonight. I would not say no to a share of the jackpot that has accumulated. I think that brings us upto speed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good Morning, so glad to see you back today. I was concerned about you after a few quiet days.
Sounds like you have a lovely time at your music events. Love to read about them and what you have taken.
Sorry you have been having black moments, and as you rightly say sometimes you just cannot fathom what is causing them.
So it is the Bank Holiday weekend - we are hoping to paint the garden shed this afternoon - how exciting!
Keep taking care.
Lorna x

3 May 2014 at 09:23  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you Lorna, Generally in a good place though sorry to say I was not well enough to help today with the campaign to save the NHS. The mind is willing, the body is not.

I do push myself as many do able bodied or otherwise. But it is equally good to accept your limitations.

I should go into greater detail on the shows that I see and will a little more.

The weeks fly by sometimes. As I write I am thinking the cake I take along tomorrow for the buffet at the sort of Birthday do at the club may be the Ginger Parkin I purchased at the food festival last week.

One of my group said I am always eating when she sees me lol but she would find the opposite is true if she was in my company and if I am eating the food I take along I have probably avoided doing so earlier in the day or I'll use anything left over when I come home.

Time to pull my garden into shape again, get some flowers in the tubs possibly a few in borders and lawns mown.

Lets see if I have a couple of days this week where I do get somewhere and the weather is a little warmer.

Good luck with the shed painting and pottering about on this bank holiday weekend. x

3 May 2014 at 14:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home