My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Still Feeling Good...

but what was planned did not happen...

I did not get to the big food festival I planned to go to...I was to put it crudely...knackered. I slept the morning away and then because the bus service is only half hourly and it takes approx 45 minutes to get there I'd have arrived as the event was ending. I am going today whatever happens.

The bus service is worse and starts later but I should be able to get a full day in. I shall see my friend Liz who has a stall at the food festival, hopefully will come home with something special and perhaps see a demonstration from some TV cooks and entertainment too.

I will miss and its the first time since Mum passed away a memorial service at my church but I hopefully will attend the next one.

I thought I was done with coughs and sniffles...no cold but I have a prickly throat that is making me cough. I'm sick of it. Hay fever? Who knows...may have to start taking the cough bottle again.

I did a little shop but tried to keep it small because I want to use up what I have in the house but buy from and visit during the Summer especially the food events around the area and if I am not buying from the supermarkets I have more to spend there and have some high quality but different foods.

I only purchased fruit and tomatoes, no bread, no meat, no fish and some sundries like brown sauce and sweet pickle. Still came out at £10! I did treat myself to something a little different and yes it cost me £2.15 but I can make it last. The website says that it is a limited edition but when I purchased Jack Daniel's Barbecue Sauce I did not see anything suggesting its limited. I purchased the smooth version.

I have had a late meal...I cheated. It was a ready meal but quite tasty two Cumberland sausages with root vegetable mash and an onion/red wine gravy.

I am awaiting to hear a rebroadcast at 1.15am on BBC 4 Extra radio of an interview from an old series that ran for approx twenty years between 1982-2002 where public figures were interviewed by a top psychiatrist. The series might've come to a natural end but it did end abruptly as the psychiatrist passed away.

Last night I heard an interview from the series with the comedian Les Dawson. Very enlightening and ironic that a week after the interview was recorded or aired he passed away. Tonight's interview is with the actor, comic actor, writer, presenter Stephen Fry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home