My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Tell Me Again...

how did I put away all that for my Christmas meal? I say I eat small portions and struggle to eat that much. Today, I ate some duck, beef and turkey with all the trimmings. Followed by Christmas pudding. However, in my defence having not eaten breakfast/anything since I probably have not overloaded and will return to normal by tomorrow.

I have been in bed for three hours and slept almost the whole of that away in a peaceful slumber.

Taking it easy listening to the radio when not dozing.

Many thousands have had a bad time this festive period the electric off, homes flooded and now it is said that power will not be restored until the weekend. So I appreciate how fortunate I have been.

I was even included in the present giving and came home with a selection of items(that pleased me)some men's toiletries, a Tetley tea mug with some teabags, wallets, a diary, some blank CD's. One of the wallets had a personal inscription inside too.

I'm off out tomorrow(I think)to find a Birthday card for one of the people I was in the company of(his Birthday this coming Sunday)and will see if there is anything that catches my attention in a sale tomorrow. If so it will only be something small and inexpensive. Will I travel off town? I don't know. Probably not because I don't think that public transport gets back to normal until Thursday.

I don't have strong feelings for or against The Royal Family but saw the Queen's Speech for the first time in years. I found nothing that I could relate to and probably few of this country's loyal subjects could either. The main thrust seemed to be that we need to reflect on our futures and have hope.

I think hope is about all that is left for many but in the current climate both politically and economically many, are finding it even more difficult to see a future and hang onto hope. Times are hard and even those who look as though they are doing alright...are not.

I have done and will again give to charity and yes that will include the ever growing number of food banks. I so appreciate my own food store which some that know that I have one find eccentric or strange but when you do mention having one the reactions are usually that it is a good idea, that others will do so and an admission that they also have their own store of food/household goods.

If some kind of cooperative could be started where the ordinary members of the public could buy at discount and in bulk how would that change things?

The following blog makes interesting reading whatever your political stand point.

What to do with a tin of beans?

As another Christmas comes to an end I feel a bit reflective and though its been good and I have been fortunate, I feel a little deflated. But tomorrow is another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home