My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Early Morning...I Felt Cold...

I made some ham, lettuce, spinach, tomato, cheese sandwiches, mugs of tea...I stuck on a beanie hat and fingerless gloves. Within seconds I was so warm. Before long they had to be removed. So I guess the adding of clothes really does work.

I'm rethinking the day...

I have not gone shopping off town, I may have a look out this afternoon, if there is something on my list that is still available I'll get it but not overly concerned, mainly going to collect my prescription.

I'll make some phone calls to the few people who have phoned me and early evening drop off any Christmas cards that can be popped through letterboxes.

I may not go to the church service around Midnight its late to be alone on the streets and the weather is bad this year. I can listen/watch a service on radio or TV.

I may even call off going out at all except the mailing the cards because I can survive until the shops open again on Boxing Day or Thursday because I have enough food options and meds already in the house and its taken care of with being out for my meal tomorrow.

It's a "may" do kind of a day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello. Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to you.

Best wishes
Lorna and Family

24 December 2013 at 16:47  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you Lorna,
And the same to you and yours...and here's hoping the New Year is kind too. x

Maybe's became doable...

I got my vitamins, bananas, tomatoes, bread, buns, onions and some blueberries/blackberries and no queues. So easy.

If I am short of anything its pork pies, sausage rolls, sweets and biscuits. Now that won't do me any harm. And hey, supermarket opens again on Boxing Day anyhow.

Tried phoning a few people(no reply or engaged)

I've called off the Church service tonight. Going to relax and stay safe. And avoid the bad weather and being on the streets alone. At least I have been to Church a few times recently and sang carols.

Even in Durham Cathedral.

I have a kind of chicken stew going in the slow cooker.

24 December 2013 at 17:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home