My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, December 23, 2013

Hangers...

That's what I could do with...for my jumpers especially the thicker type. Folding them doesn't really work. I am short of drawers.

Some bread and milk. So I may have a look out, nothing else seems to be pressing and with most food shops open again the day after Christmas, I will not starve. Some shops are now opening on Christmas Day itself. But I am unaware of any locally, perhaps that happens in larger cities.

However, I will hang around to see if there is any reductions later today/tomorrow.

I hear of severe weather for the holiday starting today but I am fortunate I have nowhere to go except on the town on Christmas Day and I can get there within twenty minutes or so. Its said my area will see this late in the day. The South suffers this from now.

Otherwise, its much like other days for myself with much radio listening.

I am well fed already from what was taken to the club last night and what I had when I came home.

Though the thermometer says it is only 14c(56f)in the bedroom, I am not cold. And in the night I was able to take off some bedding.

Am I full of Christmas spirit? Well, at least I am not feeling the opposite. I am calm and untroubled. That's ok for me.

The three events that are planned is a church service at 11.30pm Christmas Eve, Christmas meal on Xmas Day and a look out on Boxing Night.

Perhaps more to add here as the day goes on.

Update1:I did not go out after all but I may do so in a few minutes as the wind has dropped/rain has stopped and perhaps tomorrow will be my main quick look out whilst there is a bus service of sorts until around 7pm. But the rest of the post above stands...

I had some sliced roast chicken that I purchased last week(reduced)but I sliced it thinner and with a decent knife it is a better buy than it at first seemed to be. It made quite a few sandwiches. So its been mainly chicken and salad sandwiches, sometimes cheese too.

This is not food related...like many I have for years been using various items for cleaning the toilet but I used some cheap supermarket bleach and its done the trick very well so in future that will be what I will be buying. It isn't even thick. It will save more money especially if I can move the liquid into a smaller bottle as the original bottle is too large to swill the contents around the bowl nor does it have a nozzle. It may be easier to pour some into a kind cup of some kind. I get 2 litres for 29p and the problem of bottle size means I ended up using half and I know I can use much less.

Update2:Back from the shopping trip...I have bread and milk(enough really for the next few days)but if I can get one of my favourite loaves tomorrow I will(I like the one without the crusts)but I managed to find what is meant as soup mixes(various fresh vegetables that are diced)but are perfectly ok as a side item on a plate or put into a slow cooker for a casserole. In fact they could go into a container with mashed potato on top or a pastry top so it becomes a pie. I suspect you could make your own pasties. Now there's a thought.

They normally cost around £1.50 but were reduced to 56p which was a bargain to me. However, I came past the area later and they were reduced to...6p so I had mine reduced again and picked up another couple of packets. I also found some danishes, fresh fruit salads and bread reduced and ended up with £20 of goods and paid only £4 for everything.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Severe weather down here just outside London Gildy - blowing a gale and driving constant rain.

Times like these I think I am so lucky, to be inside, warm and dry and safe.

It's a day for hibernating, methinks.

Take care, and if we don't chat before, Merry Christmas. :)

N x

23 December 2013 at 13:10  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Your message arrived in my e-mail as I was having a coffee...scrub most of the above blog entry, it is lashing rain against the windows, rain off the roads.

I hope that you are safe. Sounds as though you are, may stay in myself or go no further than "Down the street" late afternoon.

I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas too, I am able to see it differently this year and would have, had I been on my own this year.

As much as possible things are falling into place. I will be alone except for Xmas afternoon and Boxing Day night. So plenty of time to relax and reflect.

G x

23 December 2013 at 13:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home