My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, November 07, 2013

Biscuits...

Well, I finally dipped the shortbread fingers in chocolate. I don't believe that it worked out any cheaper than attempting to make my own. Perhaps slightly in that they did not need baking. I say I dipped them in chocolate, I actually brushed the chocolate across the top of them. Now to take them along to the bingo club tonight.

As a treat(for myself)I may call into the supermarket which is next to the bus route that takes me there as it has a variety pack of Jacob's Club biscuits on offer(normally £4 for 24)for £2. There's no way that I would pay the full price.

I have had two salad rolls(I say salad)a mixture of lettuce and spinach, tomato, spring onion and ham (think I'll do the same again later)but I allowed my myself two reduced custard danishes that I had purchased earlier in the week*^O^||3 eat

I've been good for ages, a little extra weight does no harm and I'm only half stone heavier than I have been most of my life but I have lost a few pounds in the last few days compared to that so I'm quite happy. And in general I would say my diet is nearer a Mediterranean one. Meat is kept to the minimum because it is supposed to be on health grounds but also on cost. I eat fruit, vegetables, cereal, seeds, fish and chicken. Not sure that there is much else to eat to be honest*:-/ confused

About to take my meds soon, get dressed and see what change I have for tonight, I now get asked if I can change money for the club so I always take a money bag with me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...


That Leonard Cohen track was so poignant.I think we are all waiting for some sign that is nothing to do with this material world, something that will say that our lost loved ones' suffering was all worth it and that they are indeed in a better place waiting for us.
There was a boom in psychics,mediums and quacks after World War 1 -with so many widows and parents trying to make sense of it all-we will never know if they were successful will we?

10 November 2013 at 10:46  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'm glad that you picked up on the Cohen track "Night Comes On" I'll admit that I know very little about him and his work, perhaps I should do something about that.

I think most of us will have thought/experienced what that song portrays about being alone,frightened and the comfort and safety you feel when you Mum is there, nothing can harm you.

For anyone who wishes to hear the song in full it is available on You Tube.

10 November 2013 at 13:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home