My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

There Is An Image Of Me Online...

Not my most flattering pose(I need my teeth fixing)I'm afraid but yes, I'm there. Some of you may work it out or if you are regulars I may point you in the direction(privately)if you ask nicelygiggling emoticon

Did I mention the two lovely scones I purchased at Alnwick at the weekend? I want more but the good news is Chirnells Kitchen appear at quite a few places so it is likely our paths will cross again(I hope so)It really was a case of busy, busy, busy...and the sad thing is I had ommited to get the name of the stall holder. So I put that right now...

 
I have no excuse now...Churnills Kitchen was @AlnwickFoodFest this past weekend and I purchased two lovely scones...Cheese/Bacon and Raspberry/Apple. They were selling fast Yum, Yum...


I have found another place I really want to visit and its again in Northumberland. I think I could happily spend a holiday(or a few days)there for the peace, quiet and scenery but have discovered there is an hourly service and it runs quite late into the and so I probably could still get home in a day. I could stay there until around 7.30pm and could be there from mid morning.

Oh I haven't said where have I? The port of Amble. It is not quite as far as Alnwick, though we're only talking of a few miles...I can't always trust the travel website that has bus times as I can often find an alternative route that allows extra time to and from a destination and it tends to give the most direct routes.

Anything planned for today? Not really. I might've taken off for Amble on Saturday but have promised to go somewhere(If it gets much later with the days becoming shorter I will leave it until next year)

I have the exciting task of having a flu jab first thing. The last couple of years the Dr's surgery has had two weeks of a walk in clinic...this year its being held on Saturday mornings for the next two weekends. Then its by appointment. I have no idea why the usual arrangements have changed.

If I can manage to do so I hope to squeeze two events into Saturday...I'm pushing it...there is some kind of steam train rides at the local railway museum and my "new" friend wants me to go there(I think he's booked to drive the train at 11am)so I'll have to take some photo's.

If I can get away in good time I'll take off to Durham City as there is some kind of medieval tournaments taking place in the Market Square and if I have enough battery power left I'd like to get some photo's there too.

Today I just plan to take things reasonably easy...may have a salad later with some oven chips, a quick tidy round and go to my bingo club for 7pm. We play approx 11 games of bingo. The prizes aren't large but we usually manage to play for a line and full house.

There is a snowball game that builds up if it is not won by a certain amount of numbers and at half time you can have tea, coffee, some cake and there is a small raffle too. Its all over by 8.30pm. And I can catch a bus that gets me there in good time and reasonably close around 6.40pm. And someone is kind enough to bring me home.

And yes, I'm thinking more and more about what I am going to do for my meals in the slow cooker and what I may bake...bread of course, possibly cakes(or biscuits)dare I try my version of gingerbread or scones perhaps but the easiest thing(and they can be done without baking)my own version of flapjacks. Of course I will buy and continue to support these wonderful food producers at the food festivals and markets...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gildersleeve

I think it is great the way you have really tried to do social things and get out and meet people and see shows. Good on you.

I sympathise about what you said about the people standing up at the Osmonds concert. That is why I dont go to large concerts any more, some people have absolutely no consideration. We have all paid our money ..... !!

Enjoy your baking :)

Heather

26 September 2013 at 21:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home