My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Alan Young...Who?

 
Anyone who knows me realises that I love comedy but my favourite is back in the early days of broadcasting and I'm talking of US radio before television killed it and it became mainly a vehicle for news, music and sport. It will never happen again and sadly the performers have all but passed away and many of the shows have been lost for good. Often through neglect.
 
I doubt few if any will know Alan Young these days and not in the UK, probably best known here for the 50's TV series with a talking horse and called Mr Ed.
 
Most of the performers were "Nice" people and though I have long since lost the stuff they sent to me but they often had the kindness to reply to me and correspond with me.
 
They have such interesting stories to tell and so I post the first of a six part interview with Alan. He's in his 90's now and was originally from North Shields, Northumberland, England. He has never forgotten where he came from and he mentions so many greats from the golden days of  broadcasting. The first 12 seconds are silent.
 
 
 

And I have a link to Alan's radio show here but on the net you can find some episodes of his TV work.

I hope some of you will watch and listen but enjoy. Its a time that has passed by. I think how good of him to have the patience to sit and talk for three hours seemingly in one session. The original interview above is approx 5 years old, the video below is much newer and what a difference a few years make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home