My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Back In Real Life...

Trip to Whitby called off...even at 4am this morning I was still going. Just as well I decided against it. All too regularly the roads in and around an area known as Teeside are affected by traffic accidents and hold ups and since my trip to Saltburn on Sunday there have been at least three accidents on roads in that area(including today)road closures, delays, diversions and hold ups but worst of all fatalities.

This week seems to have been worse than usual.

Hopefully tomorrow will be ok...its quite easy to get Whitby and nearer than I realised but I think the bus I'm taking is an express one so the journey is more direct.

Today was going reasonably well but I have just received an e-mail suggesting that NPower the utility company I am with tells me that my direct debit could not be collected and they will try again in five days time...Now I have to chase up the bank to see why this  happened as I know I have enough money in the account to cover the payment but I am also £130 in credit with NPower anyhow.

The e-mail arrived too late to deal with the problem today and I want to be away in the morning and the bank won't be open that early so will probably have to try to sort it out on Friday. I phoned NPower and even the person I spoke to doesn't understand what has gone wrong.

Also thanks to the Summer we're having I am using even less electric and gas than usual if that's possible and I think £67 is too much already especially when that includes standing charges. I dread Winter again. Hypothermia here we come...

I'm still surviving on fruit and salad. Eating artisan bread too. I am resisting shopping for the sake of it though I do admit I did have a late shop last evening buying some salad items, mainly because I expected not to be here today.

At present I am eating a sunflower and honey loaf. I can taste the honey. I have two bread recipes to try given by a TV chef in Australia who also writes in the Guardian newspaper and thankfully he talks to me on Twitter. One is a Soda Bread, the other is a white loaf. I will succeed. I still think it amazing that we can talk as though we are in the next street and also how many "Famous" people take the time to talk with me. That I believe has much to do with my attitude towards them. I treat people as I would like to be and with respect.

Speaking of TV chefs it was a pleasure to meet an extremely approachable chef who is patron of Saltburn's Food events and is launching a restaurant himself in the Newcastle area. Kenny Atkinson was a winner of The Great British menu and also is Michelin starred too.

 
 
Here is at Saltburn's first food festival on Sunday with my friend Liz(The Gingerbread Mam) I rarely go anywhere now without a camera on my person, charged and ready to go.
 
I even take occasional images from the bus as I travel but that can be difficult if it is going at speed, the windows are a bit dirty and you only have one chance to get that image...
 
On the way to Saltburn on a housing estate there is a model replica of the water lift that takes people down the cliffs to the beach, I missed it by seconds but next to it is this model of a train. Will try and catch it again soon.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home