My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tomorrow...

I will be spoilt for choice when I attend the Homegrown Food Festival.

And Gingerbread Mam's stall will be the one I will be heading for...ginger beer, banoffee pies, chocolate cinder toffee but possibly ginger beer scones.

Now I have promised two beers for a friend(who'll pay me back)I am thinking as a thank you for another, scones, chocolate cinder toffee and a beer for supporting me when the Housing Association was making life difficult and for myself a couple of beers, scones and a banoffee pie.

I may hunt out some artisan bread, depends, some bakers manage to offer speciality bread at prices similar to what you pay for mass produced bread in a super market, others are expensive.

But when as the other day I managed to find two loaves of bread worth £2-£3 in the supermarket reduced to 10p and no baking, why would I not buy it?

Occasionally you want that spongy white bread for sandwiches.

There are two sizes of cauliflower in the local supermarket and the price increases accordingly...in searching out one with a later date I found one priced and classed as smaller but it was actually the same size as the more expensive one, so I was quite happy about that.

I saw a new margarine in the Flora range on the shelf...one that contains seeds such as sunflower, linseed etc...£1.50 for a small tub of 225g. I can do it much cheaper myself by adding any seed of my choice to any butter or margarine and the amount I wish.

I am thinking of baking a seeded loaf quite soon. I was only missing grapes, ham in my food store which I now have. After my spend tomorrow I can avoid buying food for a while other than fruit and salad items...

Today, it was another salad sandwich, tomorrow perhaps a bacon and cheese turnover with baked beans and a reduced cheese, bacon and potato bake for the main meal. For breakfast fruit salad and yogurt. Later I will cook and put other items back in the fridge for another day to extend their shelf life and give me more meals.

I have two packs of tuna and sweetcorn sandwiches worth £3 and I paid 78p so will have them, possibly some water, tea or a small lager and I can put some fruit in my rucksack for my trip.

Weather says 17c wind N.Westerly direction 24kph scattered showers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home