My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Beans...

A new departure for me. Yes, I've had baked beans. I even like broad beans but if I am honest I've never really looked at beans in general. But now as I try new ideas and bulk out some meals to make them go further I am starting to incorporate this ingredient into meals as a main ingredient or as a side dish. In the case of the following half a can is one portion of the five a day idea. And at 59p that's two meals worth if added to something else. Not very high on calories, 200 for a whole 300g can. No need in this case for soaking.


 
 
If successful or I come up with something tasty I'll share it with you. Today I have had no reason to go out so I have rested. So far I have had a couple of yogurts and a banana, later a small salad with limited ingredients and some fancy cheddar cheese with some hovis digestives. Later I think I will have my first hot meal for a week or so...
 
I have a bacon and cheese turnover to heat up. I will add baked beans and some jersey potatoes boiled, then sliced and lightly fried. I reckon that comes in at around £1 and with my earlier meals that's around £2 for the day. Which isn't bad!

I'll add since writing this post I was in my local supermarket, it hasn't the choice the SM I found these and for the same size they are charging between 90p and £1.15. I will hunt some more out if I get the chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home