My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Looks Like Tonic Water...

could be working. I drank a small amount at bedtime and there was an improvement.

So I'll see how the experiement goes.

Yesterday, I had to use two walking sticks when I went outdoors but it helped to take more weight off the legs when walking but it gets a bit more awkward having to carry two instead of one when doing some tasks.

I found some more nice yogurts on offer, I would be reluctant to pay full price but half its quite a bargain, I think I have forty eight in the fridge now. But they are used as quick snacks and often at breakfast instead of milk. It seems a lot but not when often I have two each day. Some are fancy so can be more like a desert. I may have said before, yogurt until recent years would not have been on my shopping list.

Then again I think they have been improved up on over the years and the range of flavours and how they are made has changed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Tonic water? What has it helped with? If it's likely to help dodgy knees, I'll get some!

I often think of you, Gildy, when I'm bowling along on my mobility scooter. Mine has given me a new lease of life. Do look out for a secondhand one.

19 June 2013 at 11:29  
Anonymous VQ said...

Ooops. I just re-read your previous post and see that tonic water may help with arthritis. I haven't got that but I may try some anyway. Can't hurt.

19 June 2013 at 11:34  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Hi VQ :o)
It may stil help. What I have had of late is "restless legs" and been unable to get comfortable in bed. Also aches. I know it is said to help with muscle cramps.

Mentioned it to my friend at the music club last night, she's heard of tonic water as a remedy too.

I think she said she takes Tramadol.
Of course as always each case is different I suppose.

I still like the idea of the mobility scooter for getting around my own town. If I can stay put, I am two streets from the shops and tbh there is nothing of note elsewhere.

For exercise and getting around I might possibly find for short ventures outdoors a bike would do, my friend has a tricycle with a little container on the back to put shopping in.

19 June 2013 at 12:20  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'm finding that virtually every week yogurt of one kind or another/make is reduced so its a regular item in my shopping basket. But when its a really good one, I think get it.

They usually have good expiry dates and as the fridge temperature is good I will admit to eating yogurt past its use by date.

The latest I found is creamy and luxurious. £1.09 for four is better than £2.18. Activa this time.

19 June 2013 at 12:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home