My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Another Weekend Has Come Around...

Well, I was going to attempt to mow my stamp sized lawn at the front of the house, I kind of got to thinking if I don't have to do it that often and do it really slowly, I may be able to and save money by not needing a gardener and if I have some flowers in the planters they'll last the rest of the Summer. And have it already for friday's visit(and worry about the back garden later in the week)as the rain in the last week had made everything suddenly shoot away and now that it has finally dried out now is the time to do something about it.

Overnight it has rained such a lot I'm back to square one...Still plenty to do indoors so time won't be wasted.

Busy weekend coming soon at the end of May...My birthday, a concert by virtually the members of the 60's band Manfred Mann and finishing with(hard for me to believe)the second remembrance service since Mum's passing.

And of course this next week we have the return of the Housing Association goons again...

So where did the summer go?

I seem to remember last year wasn't much better weather wise. It could come late of course.

Still hoping to post some images/video's from last weekend's trip to Tynemouth.

This week has ended with mixed feelings...

On Thursday for the first time in my life I managed to get to the quayside area of Gateshead/Newcastle and see the regions iconic theatrical venue The Sage, The Baltic exhibition centre, The Tyne Bridge and the Millennium Bridge.

Had I been alone I would have taken things slower, sat more, eaten a selection of items from my rucksack and come home much earlier. I have to because of the poor bus service after 9pm and if you don't get out of Newcastle/Gateshead by around 9pm I am unable to get home and am left stranded at a variety of places.

Instead and perhaps its my own fault...I ended up out of pocket by £10 on the day and ended up doing two or three things I would not have done if on my own. I have to be careful of offending anyone with special needs and/or anyone who has a loved one with such needs...you'll perhaps see why later.

As this entry is likely to be long, I'll split it up over a number of posts...

As you'll know over the months I started to attend shows at a local Town Hall but recently I have been joined at my table(being on my own)another person and he has special needs. He is living an independent life and doing well by getting out into the community attending a variety of events and travelling even more than I do by a variety of means and he has access to public transport via a bus pass. He sometimes has a drink too. He apparently lives in sheltered accommodation.

To some extent we have kind of become friends I guess.

Anyhow he invited me at the last show to a special event at the Sage the next day with a free complimentary ticket telling me that he was to appear in a kind of community music show and he obviously wanted me there to support him.

I wanted to carry on tidying up my home as that is important but with a week still to go before the return visit from the HA I thought I can give him twelve hours out of my life(that's the travel time there and back, the time in the show and a little bit of time before and after)

He was very appreciative and gave me a hug and thanked me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home