My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tynemouth Part Three...


I started out from home around 8.10am...having to travel to Durham, then change to another bus to Newcastle and then from there to Tynemouth. Not too much hanging around between the change overs and total travel time was around two and half hours but around three hours in total both ways.
 
There was a good selection of stalls and I came away with a few goodies. Its difficult to do it justice with photo's and with so many people milling around you don't get the chance to really take photo's of the individual stalls so these uploaded videos are quite general...
 
I had my thermals and thick socks on but it must have been cold for quite a few of the stall holders who attended and...typically it was quite overcast all day and when I made tracks home around 5.30pm...the sun came out!
 

 
 
 

 
 
Can't take credit for the following image as it is from Gingerbread Mam's website but being so popular it is difficult to take photo's and it deserves to be seen...
 

 
 


When I say I came home at 5.30pm, as I had to change buses in Newcastle, I took advantage of the stop over and called into the Grainger Market to see some retailers that I have found out about via the web as I have enough at home and was coming home with jam, bread and cordial from Tynemouth I only purchased one rather special item because I could not get one flavour at the Food Festival.
 
As it happens even with a special offer on the day the cordial was 75p cheaper per bottle in the shop. I did find a market selling some blackberries, spring onions and garlic at very good prices so brought some of those home. 
 
I also discovered my first real Asian market near the bus station so will have another look in the future when I have more time and money. I was really tired upon getting home and of course I was greeted with "That" letter from the Housing Association.
 
 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pics/video, Gildy!

Those ruins are just beautiful!

I'd never get to see them otherwise. :o)


Jan

16 May 2013 at 12:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home