My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Another Weekend Part Two...

I was told that there was a special coach taking us to the Sage...it was an ordinary bus...without my bus pass that would have cost me quite a lot of money...

The complimentary ticket was not valid and I had to pay to see the show. I didn't want to. But as I had promised him I would I paid up. That cost me £5.50.

So we had to fill in almost 5 hours and my companion decided he was hungry and thirsty.

He decided that the Baltic was the place to go. Yeah right! I took a look at the menu. The prices you can imagine. It was all "posh" tables and all fancy cutlery and glasses and prices to match. And a barman mixing cocktails when you come out of the lift.

He approached the person on reception and it sounded as though he had made a reservation(I smelled a rat)and no way was he on their list. They found a space though. I managed to talk him out of it and no way was I going to pay those prices(and I collared one of the staff and apologised, made excuses and explained the situation)If we'd had a meal it could have cost £50+ each. And I can guess who might have been paying. Of course its lovely not to watch the pennies and have a treat where you are waited on but I have good food at home and I don't eat large meals any more and my budget is no more than £2 daily and often less.

I managed to iron out a few problems over the day but if I am seen talking out of earshot he wants to know what I am saying and I have to make a quick excuse different to what was actually said.

So he still wanted to eat so we went down to ground level...where there was another eating place in the Baltic.

I found myself paying for a pot of tea(I wouldn't have bothered but you can't sit and not have anything)and he wanted a coke, I found myself paying for that because he'd had to buy a ticket for himself for the show and I think he was caught short. So that cost me approx £5. He wanted to eat and the cheapest sandwich was an egg and cress bloomer at £4.95. How I got out of that I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home