My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tynemouth Visit Part Two.

So I boarded the bus to come home and it came along the coastal road and I realised that I had missed the ruins of a castle so I got back off again but had to walk back to the ruins because I had missed the nearest stop to them.
 
But I also discovered a bakers/cafe that sold artisan bread(bought some to bring home)and I also discovered my original reason for going to Tynemouth that there was more to the Food Festival than I had seen upon first arriving. Though that was mainly takeaways and for me a little expensive some items were around £7 even though admittedly it was rather exotic like crocodile!
 
 

 







 





 
The last two images were taken looking through the port cullace as most people walking upto the castle were surprised to find you had to pay £4.50 to actually go inside and really all it is ruins.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

what a stunning place, I love living by the sea, I never take the views for granted, however grim the weather may be!

15 May 2013 at 18:43  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That sounds so tight avoiding going around the castle perhaps I will another time as I do love history but from what I saw very few paid to go in...

I will attempt to get some of the videos working and add them, why they refuse to upload is baffling...

16 May 2013 at 01:47  
Blogger Paul said...

Crocodile at a food festival - wow, that's exotic. Really enjoyed the two posts and the photographs.

17 May 2013 at 15:34  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Paul,
Still hoping to get some extra video footage up and my recent house trouble hasn't helped as time is tight.

I still have some extra images and a report of my trip to Gateshead and views of the Tyne Bridge, The Sage, the Baltic, Millenium Bridge etc...mixed day.

I could've enjoyed it on my own or perhaps with different company but to be honest it was hard work...it hurts to say that but I'll explain when I post.

17 May 2013 at 16:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home