My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Long Tall Beatles...

So approx two weeks ago I attended a concert at Bishop Auckland Town Hall(approx 7 miles away)I had thought of coming home first as I had been out all day visiting a Farmers Market in Stockton on Tees. And making friends with Ginger Bread Mam who has been very kind to me and given her time to me...

Its appreciated.

This means that I think I have found a better bus route that saves time and I don't have to change buses. Well, by the time I came back into Darlington I wasn't sure by the time I got home and back out there would be a bus to get me to the show so I dragged myself to Sainsbury's for something to do and keep out of the rain...big mistake as I saw a slow cooker on offer. Well, it meant me pulling a shopping trolley and getting it on and off all buses and it was heavy and not every bus was lowered to kerb level to make getting on and off easy. So I travelled from Darlington and missed my town out.

Right we were given close on two and half hours of Beatles music covering their whole career. They wore Beatle style wigs as it their early days and long hair as in their later years and had the suits and clothes to match.

One managed to sound a bit like Paul and do some dialogue. He was the closest to looking like any of them and really the other three did not look like John, Ringo or George. However, they were good singers and very good musicians and were a faithful facsimile of the original group. They are worth seeing if they come your way...

But I am discovering more than ever now when I attend a concert people have started having long conversations and where I would whisper so I don't annoy others often they talk loudly. There was such a lot of the audience chattering throughout the show and taking no notice of the banter between the members of the group.

It was very enjoyable but I was very happy that I now take a pair of earplugs to every show I attend because though the room is quite small the speakers are really loud. This means I am able to sit really close to the stage but my ears are not dull or ringing when I leave. So I am protecting my hearing but they discreet... and cost a fair bit. I obtained them from the RNID so I know they are good, I suspect I am the only one wearing any in the audience.

The other night I was invited out to the Navy Club on the town. I think I mentioned it...again the singer that started the night was so incredibly loud, it can't be good...

They don't have a website but are on Twitter...

Long Tall Beatles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home