My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Concert Went Well And Other Things...

Steam Radio...locally based performed a night of Irish based songs and music. Very enjoyable and as said there was a themed supper in interval. Though a few days late the night was linked to St. Patrick's day which was at the weekend.

The meal was I assume based on an Irish recipe...a bowl of a kind of Irish Stew with diced beef, sliced potato, onion etc...and a kind of gravy. It was nice for once to have something to sit down to rather than having to decide what to have and then having to do it.

I attended the hospital and my appointment earlier today. And of course my main worry health wise could, worsen at any time but for now all is reasonably well, they are happy, so I am. Weight is nearer what I used to be(Helps take the strain off my joints)blood pressure reasonable, body mass index, protein and bloods in check. So more reasons to feel positive.

I forgot to ask about my cholestorel but as they did not mention it I assume all is well. I know some time ago I was told that it was high but that could be due to the medications I take and statins were were mentioned but only once and though they are seen as having many good reasons for taking them, I have also heard that they can cause problems too.

I may have lost the weight again but sadly the overstretching due to steroids and water retention over the years has resulted in a slack tummy and not the nice tight one I used to have. Not that I go around showing it off.

Once again I have been eating better I believe even though I have to watch what I spend. I often balk at how little I have for what I spend but if careful and I stretch what I have so it goes further, I suppose I am quite a frugal shopper...

It helps that I eat less, have smaller portions and use more vegetables in my cooking.

Today I came home with tomatoes, spring onions, cabbage, cucumber, onions, shallots, swede, carrots, parsnips, leeks, spinach, watercress, rocket and mixed leaves. Better quality sausages(half price)unsmoked streaky bacon, eggs, bananas, custard dougnuts, some crisps(Canadian Ham/Salt and Vinegar)again saved £1. Various cup a soups that had been reduced and offer a quick snack(Broccoli and Cauliflower, Tomato and Basil, Minestrone, Chicken and Vegetable, Mushroom)Twenty sachets in total. And a Bloomer loaf of bread.

Whether I buy one or make my own, I have a hankering for a leek, ham and turkey pie...

These past few days I have had a kind of mixed grill(OK I fried  it)but I did use olive oil. Sliced mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs and toast, it did not take too long to prepare/cook and I have to admit that I felt lovely and content afterwards.

Its good to make the effort. And all too easy sometimes not to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news, Gildy! :o)

Jan

25 March 2013 at 18:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home