My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ironic!

Today is World Happiness Day and the official start of Spring and...

Here in the United Kingdom it is budget day when we expect another bad one for most of the population and more troubled times ahead.

Tim Harford a correspondent at The Times newspaper does a great series looking behind the statistics that are put out by Governments and companies that survey the popuation on BBC Radio 4 and the BBC World Service is available on line and worth listening to. It is called More or Less.

And here he has produced a piece for TV which is worth taking a look at...

Budget 2013: Harford on Macmillan and living standards

Update:Came across the following. Yes I am biased but I think the following is written so well it deserves to be linked to here...

7 Reasons Why You Should Stop Bitching About People On Benefits.

Quite pleased with myself I have had not so long ago a late lunch or early tea and feel lovely, I had two fried tomatoes, two fried eggs, mushrooms and toast. I used olive oil.

And I am at a concert later tonight celebrating St. Patrick's Day and there is a themed supper.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That was pretty good, Gildy! Glad you posted that. :o)


Jan

25 March 2013 at 18:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home