My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, March 01, 2013

Fashion...

If I have said this already(Sorry)but when I came out of the theatre because it started later than it said on the ticket I only had approx 15-20 minutes to get to the bus station and catch the last bus here(I had to move reasonably quickly)well quick for me and by my standards. It was easier when the bus left approx 20 minutes later than it does now.

Having had a bit of a rest in the theatre and I guess having been taken there by taxi, I was a little bit better. The worst part is the walk from the bus stop nearest my home(often late at night)with deserted streets but at least I know when I close the door I can rest and to be honest...go to bed! If I get my bus pass what I save in fares could mean I have a little bit more give in my budget to absorb the new bedroom tax that is being introduced or could afford a taxi for the last part of the journey so I can avoid that walk.

Anyhow I had to pass some shops...now of course if you have a decent income you have to treat yourself and I am not envious of people that are rich nor mind that they enjoy their wealth but I was looking in the window of a clothing store which was having a sale.

I was quite warm outdoors(Ok I had thermals on and a jumper)but at night I usually still feel it becoming chilly but I did not need to wear my scarves, hats or gloves tonight.

I never wore one when Mum was alive but I purchased a gilet(nothing special)I think mine cost £16($24.27)and I have been amazed how warm they are in all weathers so often I just slip that on that's what I had on tonight. You know those quilted sleeveless jackets...

They were selling something not unlike what I am wearing(remember I spent around £16)my jaw dropped in their sale they had one, normal price £120($182.05)in the sale £99($150.19)no way would I pay that. It would have to be the normal price we're expected to pay and I would desperately need one to pay that kind of money.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just made that exact blue bug-eyed face above, Gildy!

I would cut the sleeves off a jacket from the thrift store before paying that! WOW!

Was it lined with down from the Goose That Laid the Golden Egg or what? Yikes!


Jan

2 March 2013 at 11:36  
Anonymous VQ said...

Hi there, Gildy. Long time no speak!
You mentioned the bus pass. I wonder if you are aware that it is not only pensioners who are entitled to a free bus pass. Disabled people are too. Next time you visit your doctor, it might be an idea to mention that a bus pass would be very useful to you and would the doctor write a note to the effect that your condition merits one?
The doc can only say yes or no. Well worth a try.

7 March 2013 at 07:48  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you VQ,
So good to see you and never mind about me...how are you. I do think of you.

I have applied for a pass. I am told that I should be successful.

I am waiting for it to be sent back to me in the next 10-14 days...

I may not have any more money to spend but it may mean I can see more than the immediate few shops/streets and money saved on bus fares may mean I can save towards other bills or put it towards more food.

Or money saved may be redirected towards utility bills or the bedroom tax.

It will help and until it is withdrawn as is expected after the next election I will use it as much as I can.

7 March 2013 at 13:31  
Anonymous VQ said...

Great news.! I find the bus pass a real boon. In London, we're extra lucky because we can use the pass on trains as well as buses. It will take you on almost all buses right across England.
Since I treated myself to a secondhand mobility scooter just before Christmas, the world has opened up to me again. I only use it locally but it means that I can visit my sister without having to wait for somebody to offer me a lift. I use it for going to the few local shops too.
At Christmas, I had it festooned with sparkly lights. I just love it and can thoroughly recommend it to anyone who might find it beneficial. When the weather improves, I'll even be able to get to the local park when they have a band playing. I haven't been able to do that for years. Also I have, at last,been able to get to the cemetery to lay flowers on the graves of my late husband and my parents. I could get to the cemetery before but, once inside the gates, there is a long walk to the graves and, of course, the same long walk back afterwards so I haven't been able to get there for several years now. Now I can do it again.
There is just one drawback.
I have a ramp which allows me to drive into the side door of my house. This means that I have to back out - and I haven't quite got it down to a fine art yet..... I keep knocking chunks off the wall!

7 March 2013 at 16:41  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I think if I use mine before 9.30am or after 11pm I have to pay 50p.

Well, I don't need to travel that early. And buses are only approx hourly in the evening and there would not be any after 11pm anyhow.

I have to try and walk approx 5 streets to reach a bus route and if I use a taxi to reach the bus route that would add another £6 in total so though difficult I will have to hope that I can always manage that little walk.

It can be used for trains I understand but not sure how much I can save and again the train station on the town is even further away but there is a bus that passes it.

I am still tempted to invest in a mobility scooter if I can afford to remain here as I could store it in the garage or in the enclosed passage that runs along the side of the house.

I await to see how the bedroom tax affects me and the carry on regarding Mum's savings. I would have been ok until 2016 but most help will stop.

I don't mind reapplying but I will come under the new rules and things could go wrong and it means I will be affected earlier than 2016.

I can't afford to worry about it, I will just have to deal with things when it happens.

I am happy that you have more freedom and have been able to do those special things that are so personal to you.

7 March 2013 at 17:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home